Don't like the sound when phone starts with Apex

tweety734

Reaction score
I still don't completely understand everything about rooting & ROM's, but I have a problem I am not sure how to fix or if there is anything I can do about it. I like the Apex ROM but it is so loud when the phone restarts. Is there a way to disable that? If not, how would I go about having my phone rooted & just use what the phone came with? My phone has randomly restarted a couple of times & it's usually in a public place. I'm hoping there is a way to silence it. Any suggestions?

OP
T

tweety734

Reaction score
I have asked 3 questions at droidforums in 7 months & NONE have gotten a reply...even though they have a couple hundred views. I don't know if I post in the wrong area or what the deal is, but obviously I am at the wrong forum to be asking any questions. I will stop coming here & find another forum.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm unclear -- you indicate that you do not completely understand rooting and you have the Apex rom installed then you ask about having your phone rooted and use the stock rom.

Can you please tell me

Did you root? If so, what did you use?

When you initially purchased your phone did the bootup sound have the same level of sound?

Have you thought about try a different rom?

Finally, are you asking about returning to stock?

OP
T

tweety734

Reaction score
I'm unclear -- you indicate that you do not completely understand rooting and you have the Apex rom installed then you ask about having your phone rooted and use the stock rom.

Can you please tell me

Did you root? If so, what did you use?

When you initially purchased your phone did the bootup sound have the same level of sound?

Have you thought about try a different rom?

Finally, are you asking about returning to stock?

I just saw the email where you replied. Thanks for your reply & sorry I was so confusing. Yes, I am rooted. I used z4root & have tried a couple roms & liked apex the best.. other than the sound being so loud at boot. I don't remember any of the others doing that. I have found another forum that says you can use root explorer & delete apex.mp3 to stop it. So, that's what I am going to try to do to see if that works. Thanks again.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not familiar with the Apex rom so my comment may not be correct. Does Apex allow you to change boot animations? If so, you may want to try that first.

Good luck and let us know how you resolve.

OP
T

tweety734

Reaction score
That's where some of my lack of knowledge kicks in. LOL I have no idea if I can change boot animations. I downloaded root explorer to my phone but when I tried to delete the apex file as they described, it wouldn't let me because it is a read only file. So, I'm off to search some more. I will reply in here when (& if) I find something that works.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest that you download RootExplored (paid in Market) then change the settings to R/W and delete the file

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
@tweety734 please read the PM I just sent to you

OP
T

tweety734

Reaction score
I found a way to fix it. yay!!

Open terminal emulator

type & enter:su