Need a few adventurous souls to test ApeX 1.3.1

microsnook

Reaction score
This rom is working really well so far, awesome!

Did you see my previous question Fab? It was how to include blur into any other rom. Do I just need the right apks in /system or is it built into the rom or what?

Let me know, thank you!

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey fab, you should add that gb themed dialer in. Its pretty sweet

microsnook

Reaction score

+1 on this. I flashed it and now I am really liking this rom.
Its quick and I like the blur integration regardless of all the negative talk about it!

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

+1 on this. I flashed it and now I am really liking this rom.
Its quick and I like the blur integration regardless of all the negative talk about it!

If you go into spare parts and change the animation speeds to fast it really speeds it up

microsnook

Reaction score
OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Sweet, this is great news. Yes, I will have a newer version with the GB dialer built in, as well as Swype on the sdcard, and the fixed OC.

But gotta run out for the night, so I should have all that done tomorrow. Thanks a lot guys!

vahman

Reaction score
I am running the latest version and have not had any problems. It looks great. I did not try the overclock script, but everything else seems flawless.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Don't know what went wrong. Everything was running fine and smooth. I think my overclocking app messed my phone up. It kept bootlooping and restarting. Was a great rom though I just think my app messed it up.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't know what went wrong. Everything was running fine and smooth. I think my overclocking app messed my phone up. It kept bootlooping and restarting. Was a great rom though I just think my app messed it up.

If you oc'd and started loopin and rebootin it was the oc'ing not the rom

Inverse

Reaction score
So I was setting up my friend's DX with Gummy's rom and it comes with a Gingerbread theme with the dark menu buttons. Is that a DX perk or could it work with Apex? :3

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I was setting up my friend's DX with Gummy's rom and it comes with a Gingerbread theme with the dark menu buttons. Is that a DX perk or could it work with Apex? :3

This rom has the same gb theme. Maybe not EXACTLY the same, but very close. The only difference your really gonna notice in the 2 are apex has blur while gummy doesnt.

Inverse

Reaction score
I'll definitely try them both~ really loving Apex's transitions from the app menus and all the little switches when I go to screen to screen. <3

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey guys, I've got what I think is a ready to be a final release here:

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ApeX_V1_3_1-D2.zip

Can someone flash this and make sure it's properly working? The only things I've changed are the following:

-Included the GB themed dialer
-Removed Swype from the system partition, it is now installable from the sdcard in the ApeX folder
-Added back in the social status updating widget

As soon as someone can confirm this file flashes and works with the changes above, I can move this out from testing to a final release. Thanks!

EDIT: should be able to flash this right over the last one, no need to wipe data or cache.

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got what I think is a ready to be a final release here:

http://fabdroid.com/downloads/Fabolous_ApeX_V1_3_1-D2.zip

Can someone flash this and make sure it's properly working? The only things I've changed are the following:

-Included the GB themed dialer
-Removed Swype from the system partition, it is now installable from the sdcard in the ApeX folder
-Added back in the social status updating widget

As soon as someone can confirm this file flashes and works with the changes above, I can move this out from testing to a final release. Thanks!

EDIT: should be able to flash this right over the last one, no need to wipe data or cache.

My D2 is out of commission til tuesday :( Verizon accidently sent me a D1 as a replacement, or I would flash it. Well, my D2 is here in the box...DAM! give me a sec lol
*Good thing i did pull it back out, I almost sent em my 32 gig sd...

Last edited: