Root noob :P

GRAW

Reaction score
So, I've got a Droid 2 and I've gotten tired of Blur (like everyone else with a Moto phone) and I want to root, more specificly, to ApeX. I've looked around and ApeX looks the best to me and what I want a ROM to look like and do. So, anyways, I know that most people here have rooted their phones and enjoying their ROMs, but I have no clue as to go about doing this, I've got ApeX DL'd but, lol, I don't know where to start. So, I am asking anyone willing to help out a noob get himself started in the world of root. I'm looking for some easy to follow inastructions, wether done by you or a link to some. So, thanks for your time and I hope you can help me out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello. :welcome: to the Forum. Start by looking in the Droid 2 Hacks stickies for instructions to learn how to root. There are easy to follow instructions there.

Asking how to install a ROM before you learn how to root is putting the cart before the horse,

trentreed

Reaction score
Google z4root download and install
go to market get droid 2 bootstrap
Run z4root you will probably have to reboot your phone
Once after you install
let me know once go finish this and ill walk you thru install

OP
G

GRAW

Reaction score
Too late, I rooted and rom'd months ago. I had no idea what I was doing at this point :p