Droid 2 global vs. Fascinate

rfisher983

Reaction score
Droid 2 global vs. Galaxy S

After having my droid 2 for a little over a week I'm a little upset with the performance of the device when scrolling through the different screens and icons. I'm currently running the latest Fission Rom. I had a chance the other day to play around with the T-Mobile Vibrant and that was a lot snappier. Is the Vibrant much faster because of the GPU power or the hummingbird processor?

Is there anything else I can do with the droid 2 to make it faster?

How does the battery compare to a droid2?

Benchmark results for giggles:
Linpack: 16.854
Quadrant: 1632
Neocore: 41.8

K20turbo

Reaction score
I think it has a lot to do with the samsung interface. I also am jealous that the galaxy has 720p video capabilities while us d2g users are limited to the dvd-1 I mean come on motorola, how are you keeping the existing cam with the d1 onto the d2 I mean it's a new phone keep up with technology and bump us up a bit jesus christ!!!
Battery for the galaxy is a lotttttttttt better!! i Mean seriously... I am on the charger while my colleagues not even half way through his. The fascinate also has that screen improvement forgot what exactly it was but it has a better display rather that our simple tft display. The phone is also v ery very light comparing with all the phones ive used so far, this won the competition by far comparing to iphone, g2, and d2 when Im holding both phones side by side the samsung literally feel featherless.
however it has no keyboard. my main concern was the keyboard Ive always hated the touch layout of iphone which has the most desirable layout for the popout keyboard.

daltond2g

Reaction score
I had a fascinate but exchanged it on the 30th day for a d2g. The screen was alot nicer but I did notice alot more lag on my fascinate than my d2g after installing all my apps for some reason. Plus when it was in direct sunlight you still couldn't see the amoled screen that well.

If you havent try'd swype give that a try. Re-invents not having a keyboard.

OP
R

rfisher983

Reaction score
I had a fascinate but exchanged it on the 30th day for a d2g. The screen was alot nicer but I did notice alot more lag on my fascinate than my d2g after installing all my apps for some reason. Plus when it was in direct sunlight you still couldn't see the amoled screen that well.

If you havent try'd swype give that a try. Re-invents not having a keyboard.

I'm learning it. One of the other reasons I'm thinking of getting rid of the droid2global.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
The super amoleds are brighter but don't display as many colors.

Install a home replacement, stock motoblur home screen is a tad leggy compared to adw or launcherpro.

Im running adw and have zero lag or performance issues.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App