Droid 2 Global Root and ROM questions

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Do you think it is worth the time or is the reg black gb theme better?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

personal preference, try it if you don't like it go back.

I want to install w/trans again, I think I lost them when I tried the 10% battery black theme.....

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Droid 2 Global on ATT...One step closer :-D

Almost there...everything working but just have to figure out how to release it :)
This is with Fission ROM and have not tried OEM ROM yet...
D2GOnATT.png

aklabs

Reaction score
Very cool. I'd love to try it but not quite sure of the proper order of steps to take. So here is what I understand so far (yes I am rooted):
1. Install Astro file manager
2. Install Root Explorer
3. Get Driod2 bootstraper or Koush Bootstraper (not sure which one but leaning towards D2BS) and install.

Now here is where I become confused:
Do I download and install Fission Rom Manager and then do a bootstraper custom recovery and nandriod backup or do the bootstraper custom recovery and nandriod backup and then install Fission Rom Manager?

I think I would do the backup first and then install Fission Rom Manager. I don't want to brick my phone and the sbf's are not out for D2G.

Any help or directions would be great.

thanks

OP
M

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
After root and Koushs bootstrapper all I did was follow install instructions for FRM and installing ROMS via FRM. All of it was at Team Defuses website.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

aklabs

Reaction score
ya I've read and watched the vids. It seems easy to do and should go smoothly. I guess I'll get Astro and Root Explorer. Then get driod2bootstraper and do a nandriod backup. Then get Fission Rom manager (install) and do another backup (so I would end up with a stock full backup and a Fission rom mgr backup. Then backups once a month.

Then from there it would be wait for D2G sbf and different themes.

Lots of info/help here so thank you to everyone for their insite and help.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I’ve watched every youtube video on rooting/bootstraper, etc for the Droid 2G. I have read every post/thread on the Droid 2G. Then thought about flashing a ROM to my week old D2G for a few more days, did some more reading then took the plunge. My only experience with modifying phones is my last phone was a Droid and I’ve been playing around with different roms and themes for the last 6 months. I don’t write code but I’ve been using computers since the DOS days.
I installed the Fission Rom on my D2G. I had a backup plan if things didn’t go right, I could activate my Droid 1 and wait for the SBF to be leaked. I put my trust and my week old D2G in the hands of Team DeFuse. Their attention to detail won me over. My install was flawless and my phone is running smoother than ever. Team DeFuse, great work, looking forward to more. thanks

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Comments like this are what makes development worth it! Nice post!! :)

I’ve watched every youtube video on rooting/bootstraper, etc for the Droid 2G. I have read every post/thread on the Droid 2G. Then thought about flashing a ROM to my week old D2G for a few more days, did some more reading then took the plunge. My only experience with modifying phones is my last phone was a Droid and I’ve been playing around with different roms and themes for the last 6 months. I don’t write code but I’ve been using computers since the DOS days.
I installed the Fission Rom on my D2G. I had a backup plan if things didn’t go right, I could activate my Droid 1 and wait for the SBF to be leaked. I put my trust and my week old D2G in the hands of Team DeFuse. Their attention to detail won me over. My install was flawless and my phone is running smoother than ever. Team DeFuse, great work, looking forward to more. thanks

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
I Love this fission ROM! I am running the 10% blackout theme. I wish there was a Gingerbread blackout theme with the battery percent in the black status bar. Thanks to Angdroid and team DeFuse!!!!dancedroiddancedroid

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
I really need backup assistant! :icon_evil: Is there anyplace to download it since its not on the market????