The globals processing speed...

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am wanting to know what exactly mhz the droid 2 global actually runs at out of the box. I messed around with setcpu, milestone overclocking, and although I never set to boot option, I just want it back how it came, minus the tweaking I played around with. Can someone please tell me the stats the globals processor runs at out of the box? And also, how do I get it back to default? Thanks!

sent from my freshly rooted droid 2 global using droidforums app

Reaction score
The processor has a max of 1200mhz, but it'll only clock that high when it needs to. It'll underclock whenever it can to save battery, which is most of the time anyways.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
While on the topic of clock speed, whats the fastest you can get your Global to run at?

Using QuickClock I have 1251 Mhz stable...lol.

eMWu

Reaction score
The processor has a max of 1200mhz, but it'll only clock that high when it needs to. It'll underclock whenever it can to save battery, which is most of the time anyways.
That's what I was thinking. So is there an advantage of using an app for underclocking?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yeah profiling the phone to run at its lowest speed when the screen is off saves a good bit of battery.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. So is there an advantage of using an app for underclocking?

Underclocking, with a combination of undervolting can save your battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
While on the topic of clock speed, whats the fastest you can get your Global to run at?

Using QuickClock I have 1251 Mhz stable...lol.

Mine will go up to 1371 Mhz (idk how stable, i just know thats max before it restarts lol), i leave it on 1.3 ghz ulv (Jrummy's Droid Overclock app) though.