Droid 2 Global -vs- Samsung Fascinate

minsung0315

Reaction score
Yay for my first post!
It's a dillema.
I got the LG ally for free a month ago, and I am not content with it. I have a few days left to exchange it for a better one.
I've narrowed my options down to two phones:
1. Samsung Fascinate
2. Motorolla Droid 2 Global

Fascinate has a better screen, a better camera, and the 1.0 Ghz Hummingbird Processor. Easier to root and mess around.
D2G has a physical QWERTY, 2.2 Froyo (over fascinate's 2.1), higher expectations in terms of update support in the future, and the 1.2 Ghz TI OMAP processor.
I'll also mention that the Fascinate has a 4 inch screen, as opposed to the D2G's 3.7.

So what do you think?
No, Droid X is out of the question. My options are these two phones.
Please help me decide!:greendroid:(I'm currently leaning towards the Fascinate)

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Higher expectations for update support for the Samsung is also very plausible under circumstances of it being updated because of touchwiz. It's new but capable. Since it's the first of it's kind there are skeptics out there. The phone in general is fantastic even without froyo and its closing in.

8pened!

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Don't let the software or processor speed be an issue at this point. From most user reviews, the fascinate on 2.1 still outperforms the droid series on 2.2 in everyday usage & the omap in the droid is only @ 1.2 ghz because it comes overclocked. Depending on your comfort level with android, you can root, theme, mod & overclock the fascinate any way you might want. And froyo is OTW, with gingerbread probably in the pipe as well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

joe3681

Reaction score
I'd go with Droid 2 if I had it to do all over again.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

mickdroid

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Fascinate and I tried both the Droid X and Droid 2. It meets my needs. I find some of these discussions between Motorola supporters and Samsung supporters somewhat like a geeky version of a Junior High School "mine is bigger than yours". If it feels good and it does what you need it to do than buy it and forget about the testosterone rush of "mine is bigger than yours". Just do it.

IamGov

Reaction score
Fascinate is a solid performing phone. I don't think it feels cheaply made either. Great camera, good battery, and light. Touchwiz is OK. When I had moto phones they seemed to run a lot more background junk which bogs it down and Burns battery. Don't even need a task killer with fascinate.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Fascinate and I tried both the Droid X and Droid 2. It meets my needs. I find some of these discussions between Motorola supporters and Samsung supporters somewhat like a geeky version of a Junior High School "mine is bigger than yours". If it feels good and it does what you need it to do than buy it and forget about the testosterone rush of "mine is bigger than yours". Just do it.

True that. I just don't like the fact of people not looking under the skin of the fascinate. It's an amazing device, even if it doesn't come with the newest update such as the nexus s.

8pened!