Droid 2 Global Battery Life

warped1987

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has told you yet, i skipped to the end bug heres what you do, after you get your new battery.

1.) Uninstall that Advanced Task Killer or whichever one you installed, it's the devil.
2.) Go into your app drawer and scroll down to Task Manager, long press it and drop it to your homescreen. Now go into and wait for all your apps to finish loading.

Now go threw the list of anything you've installed or things that you want to turn off when your screen times out, like any games you have, gmail, browser, VZ Navigator, Amazon MP3, YouTube but whatever you do don't add Gallery or Music player or Widgets or things you might want to still run even after your screen turns off and things you don't know what they are

3.) Every time your CPU is running high, if you have the setting to notify you when your CPU is high, go into your Task Manager and end the recently running apps that are running up your CPU, just dont end the widgets you run or things you still want open

4.) Install an app called Fast Reboot in the app market and make a shortcut for it on your homescreen, it's a great app that restarts a list of all the things that are taking up your RAM, it can free up well over 100-200 RAM, it's great, 1 click to open it and it does the rest.

Enjoy your phone :) oh and consider maybe rooting your phone after we get the Gingerbread update (could be anyday now, or within a few weeks) and then buy/install an app called Bloat Freezer. It freezes all the bloatware apps that come on your phone that you never use and run in the background.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

destin246

Reaction score
Don't get gorilla gadgets they can ruin your phone get the real extended battery from motorola is what I suggest.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Uhhhhh I have been running this battery since january amd have had 0 problems

Sent from my hexen infused DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

worldofross

Reaction score
Dont Blame the Battery alone..

I agree that short battery life is having a bad battery or battery design.

But you have to look at
  • Bad Programming of Applications
  • Bugs in the Android Operating System
  • Not Having more phone options to turn off/on options
  • Not able to control which applications run or not run.
Like to hear your ideas as always..

Just coming from an old computer programmer.. dancedroid