Droid 2 Global Battery Life

jbinbi

Reaction score
z4root, setcpu. on dosplay off 300 mhz. 1000 mhz max, 800 mhz when at 75%. 600 mhz at 50%. With extended battery from vzw. wouldn't be able to use d2g without it. this combo lets you have heavy use thru whole day.

Soladzur

Reaction score
Hi.

Could somebody explain why it so:

I charge the battery to 100%. Then I disable wifi, disable 3G, leaving only GSM 2G enabled. And after 8 hours of standby I get to 60% battery.

Looking to the usage statistis I can see that the most of battery was consumed by "Phone Idle". Rest is "cell standby".

Ok, I can understand when battery is spent on display or some CPU required processes. But what is happening when phone is lying with dispaly off and only GSM standby?

I've changed Stock ROM to the Angel with most of bloatware removed. but result is the same.

Seems the GSM radio uses much more resources than it's required. Or do you have any other ideas?

Soladzur

Reaction score
UPD.
Something strange has happened. I've installed Battery Calibration and followed instructions.

Now it's 24 hours left after charging and I'm still at 80%.

volsfan1965

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I first got my D2G but after I got the extended battery used it and let the stock battery sit in nitestand for 2weeks I went back to it and got 19 hrs the first day. Not saying letting it sit fixed it. Im sure it was a change in apps. After the first few weeks the new wears off and u change user habits....just sayin

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xXHermesXx

Reaction score
I have a D2G and tend to get an average of 10 to 14 hours of battery life. Sometimes even up to 20. Mine is still stock (kind of afraid to root). I keep my backlight set to auto and wifi on when I'm home because the wifi network works faster with data and uses less battery power than 3G. Bluetooth and GPS are always off unless I need them. Also, I keep both peak and off-peak hours set to cut off data after 15 minutes. The biggest battery saver, though, is to make sure you cut off GSM if you're in the US. Setting it to CDMA uses a lot less power. I left all of the stock setting on for the first day as a test, and my battery life was about equal with what you stated yours as being. I then made all of these changes and my battery life increases by OUTSTANDING amounts. It could also help to set social applications to sync over wifi only, but that will stop you from receiving updates while it's set that way.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Protip: Use airplane mode whenever you're at work.

Im at 10 hrs, 30 mins and have 85%. was at work for 8 1/2 of those. granted i keep my radio on afterwards and yeah the battery life isnt phenomenal, but its a big help throughout the day.

If you can stand not being able to use the market or google maps, turn off background data. Always keep the brightness as low as you can tolerate (unless someone wants to talk **** bout ur display!)

also....why droidforum no like me .png screencaps? :(

kptphalkon

Reaction score
btw use airplane mode and then turn your wifi on, if/when you can connect to wifi...it also doesnt hurt to set up the power control widget and an airplane mode widget next to each other for quick access.

Reaction score
So?

VB7L2.png

EOK1335

Reaction score
so far the maximum I can get is around 28h with moderate usage....still need daily charge tho. I always keep a spare battery with me although my battery never died during the daytime, but the spare one makes me more comfortable to use the phone..lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

iguanad

Reaction score
Data use is definitely a battery killer. I was traveling overseas and I had data turned off. I could go 10 hrs and the charge would only drop to 80%.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mrwhit

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer - so did you use the Advanced Task Killer at all?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Try a manual task manager. Ends processes easily enough, and combined with stopping certain services (sync manager, social widgets, the task manager itself if applicable, etc) extends battery a bit. I turned the auto-kill function on mine off (funny, it's a manager, not a killer). Keeps phone running smooth.
I get battery life around the same as I did with my D1.
If you haven't already, freeze the built in one, along with voice commands and the blur launcher-they constantly run for no reason. You'll get lots of force closes until you reboot. But it saves a little bit of battery since I figure since it's less things constantly running.