Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Reaction score
Where is the larger battery on the vzw website? I can only get the bt7x for the citruis to come up? when i search for bp7x, nothing. Can someone post up a link? thanks.

You want this.

It's the extended battery and door for the R2D2. It's the same battery (BP7X), but with a white battery door that matches the Droid2Global, instead of the grey one that ships with the standard BP7X. I don't have it, but I've read on many forums that it matches. If you use a case, you'll probably have to remove the battery door to make the battery fit anyway (it fits EXACTLY right in my Seidio Innocase without the door, and it SHOULD fit in any case with a flat back)

jb20

Reaction score
Where is the larger battery on the vzw website? I can only get the bt7x for the citruis to come up? when i search for bp7x, nothing. Can someone post up a link? thanks.

You want this.

It's the extended battery and door for the R2D2. It's the same battery (BP7X), but with a white battery door that matches the Droid2Global, instead of the grey one that ships with the standard BP7X. I don't have it, but I've read on many forums that it matches. If you use a case, you'll probably have to remove the battery door to make the battery fit anyway (it fits EXACTLY right in my Seidio Innocase without the door, and it SHOULD fit in any case with a flat back)

I just picked up an extended battery with door here in NYC yesterday and the door was Blue. I guess I got lucky!:)

jbinbi

Reaction score
You want this.

Thanks! Went to link on r2d2 and noticed that it quotes much better battery life than on d2g? I thought these were the same 2 phones, but the d2g just has the gsm radio. Figured battery life would be the same, especially if we have the gsm turned off.

Anyone know if this is a misprint or if the r2d2 really has better (much) battery life?

jb20

Reaction score
You want this.

Thanks! Went to link on r2d2 and noticed that it quotes much better battery life than on d2g? I thought these were the same 2 phones, but the d2g just has the gsm radio. Figured battery life would be the same, especially if we have the gsm turned off.

Anyone know if this is a misprint or if the r2d2 really has better (much) battery life?

I actually picked up the black snap on Silicone cover from them as well. Rubber expands so I was able to get the cover over the extended battery portion. Snug but works. I'm also using the multi media charger with the cover, All you do is remove the inner tray and it fits in. Snug but it fits. Since its rubber over time it should be no problem. The sales rep in the store was even suprised. He never new the tray came out .Here is the link for the cover. Set Your Location
Set Your Location

zero7404

Reaction score
my config must be working fine because i looked at my battery manager today before plugging it in to power, i was unplugged for 18+ hrs ... and the battery was at 50 %.

be informed that i switched to the BP7X battery ....

Reaction score
That sounds pretty good, and way better than some people get, even with the extended battery. I get slightly better, but I'm also a (comparatively) light user most days. I'm at 40% after 19hrs and 53minutes on my BP6X. (Getting a new BP7X in the mail).

silver6054

Reaction score
You want this.

Isn't the R2D2 clocked at 1GhZ, whereas the D2G is 1.2Ghz. That would account for some of the difference.

Reaction score
Hey all... my brother just got the D2G for him and his wife.... we went thru root,rom and battery conditioning.. anyway... his issue is that if he plugs in his wall charger overnight by the morning it's like 60-70%... He's even seen it where he plugs it in to have a full charge in the morning.. and it's at 80-90% when plugged in but in the morning it's at 60-70??? Like it's losing power... ?

Scrappy Doo

Reaction score
Yesterday when I unplugged my phone it was burning up. I have Battery Doctor Pro on my phone and checked out the battery condition. The battery was 30% and the temp was 120 degrees. I was using a Blackberry Charger. I let the temp and battery life drop down and then charged again using the correct charger. My phone sat unplugged over night and is at 80% and 69 degrees. When I got the phone I told the salesman that I got a Duracell My Grid for Christmas. He advised me not to plug my phone in My Grid and forget about it. It doesn't know when to shut down charging.

I also found this article interesting about batteries.
Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

billy4

Reaction score
i am experiencing the same exact problem as you, 3-4 hours of battery life and seem to have no idea how to fix it, i hate charing my phone 2-3 times a day..

biknut1

Reaction score
Battery life, what else?

i am experiencing the same exact problem as you, 3-4 hours of battery life and seem to have no idea how to fix it, i hate charing my phone 2-3 times a day..

Here are some options for your D2G battery.

Buy an extended battery. Verizon has one (expensive) but it barely thicker than stock. Some folks say the use it with a phone case minus the back cover without problems. There are some others on Amazon (not sure what is available on Ebay) from various vendors. There is one, Seidio, that sounds great, but it is really expensive too. My recommendation (and what I did) is the Gorilla Gadgets Extended battery. It is under $30 with shipping, and now I can use my phone when I want to! Oh, that is also after I rooted and ran SetCPU. But the battery has made the biggest difference by far.

Another option that I mentioned above is root/ROM/SetCPU or something similar. I know- lots of folks don't want to root their phones. I didn't want to either, until I found out that it wouldn't last a day at work even without using it.

The other option I can think of is go on Amazon, buy a butt-load of stock batteries for around $5, and keep changing them out.

If you go the extended battery route there is one thing to be aware of- car docks, home docks, and cases won't work on your phone. Basically you have to decide which is more important to you.

The very best you can do? Root/ROM/SetCPU and Gorilla Gadgets. I use my phone as much as I want to now, and still have battery left when I go to bed. I actually have to work at it really hard to kill it.

Think it over carefully. Good luck!