Droid 2 Global Battery Life

kenstar

Reaction score
I believe I made a post in this exact thread about my settings. But yes...i am rooted/stock blur/set cpu_have max power set to 600 when battery is at 35%/i use titanium pro to freeze bloat/gps,bt,wifi, off, screen at lowest./ pretty much everything nice guylisted in a post here, like 3 pages or so back.

Edit: what he lists above. Also I don't have the extended battery,im using the stock one. :]
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

BigJermZ

Reaction score
5 hrs and still at 80%

Sent from my STOCK DROID2 GLOBAL + BP7X using DroidForums App

ExodusC

Reaction score
5 hrs and still at 80%

Six hours and I'm at 30%. That's ridiculous. I have the BP7X as well.

What the hell?

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

BigJermZ

Reaction score
5 hrs and still at 80%

Six hours and I'm at 30%. That's ridiculous. I have the BP7X as well.

What the hell?

Used battery doctor and did a full cycle charge.
Been playing games, browsing, downloading wallpaper for about an hour now and im down to sixty (6hrs total)

Just woke up and its at 50%
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Bp6x, was getting between 6 and 8 hours of moderate use.

Bp7x, what can i say its 32% more capacity, and accordingly i get 32% more usage time (now up to 8 to 11 hours typical). My phone is horrible apparently, should i go to verizon and see about a replacement?

All stock, 2.2 non root, all the bloatware :/ will be using gfs comp tomorrow to run root and bloatware removal/lagfix (and hopefully bandwidth uncap) and will post results after a few days of usage.

I use juicedefender free when not using phone, it really helps at work since the building gets terrible reception. No taskers in background, display at 20%, and occasional games, and by the end of a 5 hr workday i go from 100 to 40% (was 100 to 15 even with juice.d with bp6x) maybe i need to delete batteryinfo file and let the phone reset what it thinks is max charge? I did use the phone without charging from 60% the day i got it.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Bp6x, was getting between 6 and 8 hours of moderate use.

Bp7x, what can i say its 32% more capacity, and accordingly i get 32% more usage time (now up to 8 to 11 hours typical). My phone is horrible apparently, should i go to verizon and see about a replacement?

All stock, 2.2 non root, all the bloatware :/ will be using gfs comp tomorrow to run root and bloatware removal/lagfix (and hopefully bandwidth uncap) and will post results after a few days of usage.

I use juicedefender free when not using phone, it really helps at work since the building gets terrible reception. No taskers in background, display at 20%, and occasional games, and by the end of a 5 hr workday i go from 100 to 40% (was 100 to 15 even with juice.d with bp6x) maybe i need to delete batteryinfo file and let the phone reset what it thinks is max charge? I did use the phone without charging from 60% the day i got it.

I reset the batterystats.bin after doing a full charge, and I'm still getting awful battery life with my BP7X.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Is there a way to access/delete the batt stats file w/out root? Ive tried many different file explorer apps and none will show it or other sys files

ExodusC

Reaction score
Is there a way to access/delete the batt stats file w/out root? Ive tried many different file explorer apps and none will show it or other sys files

No. As far as I know you need root to wipe the batterystats.bin file.

ExodusC

Reaction score
I hate to double post, but I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Why do we have no answers? Why are some of us getting amazing (24-48 hours) battery life, and others get absolutely terrible battery life (4-9 hours)?

What the hell are we supposed to do? Take our phones back to Verizon and demand new ones?

This is so frustrating. I can't handle using my device with 6 hour battery life, doing almost nothing with it so that I can make it through the day, while others can get easily a day of (comparatively) heavy use.

Ben.

Reaction score
Probably already mentioned, but I just switched the Network Mode from "Global" to "CDMA" and picked up around 20% battery life.

:pint:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes i have done just about every non root option available to extend my bat,

Autosyncs off, or every half hour, very dim display, cdma only, shutting off radio when screen is off, very minimal widget use, only one live widget (for weather, non gps, updates very infrequently), other things i cant think of. Always in power saver.

Playing music drains 15% in a half hour! Browsing kills it even faster, hell even using the droidforum app is a sucker, games are obv but i keep that to a minimum when away from home

Were supposed to get roughly 350 minutes talk time from full charge? Bullsh¡t i can manage 3 hours, if that. What gives!!!
/rant

Techjourney

Reaction score
Those with poor battery life, are you getting good 3G signal strength? If your signal strength fluctuates frequently between 3G and 1X, this too causes battery drain.

My battery life dramatically improved after the first week. I would leave the D2G plugged in the wall charger over night, unplug, then power off, wait a couple of minutes, then power back on. I did this as I mentioned after the first week. I have no idea if this helped or if the battery life just improved on its own with use. With moderate use, from 9am-11pm, I have on average 50%-70% battery life remaining. All stock. GPS on, Wi-fi off, bluetooth on for about 3 hours for 2-3 phone calls and listening to audio books. At the end of the day, before bed, I always leave the phone plugged in the charger over night.

I would say after two weeks of trying the many suggestions on this site to get better battery life and you see no improvement, it may indeed be time for an exchange of at least the battery then the D2G itself. Just my 2¢.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Granted i do have poor signal at home (generally -75 to 95 db) but at work i have juice defender force my data off unless i open browser or other data apps. I just got the extended batt a few days ago and i guess i need to condition the phone to its capacity.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Okay get this, something else I've noticed:

When my battery gets low (around 5%-10%), my entire device starts to lag terribly. It feels like some app is sucking up all of the CPU.

When I opened up a system monitor app and checked it out, I noticed my CPU was ramped up to 1.2GHz at all times, with 100% usage. Again, this only happens when I get to having almost no battery life left.

Strangely enough, no apps appear to be using the CPU. It's not idle-time, either. The app reported about 75% of the CPU usage being user-time, the rest being system-time.

Again, even after closing all apps, the CPU usage remained oddly at 100%. No indication as to what is the culprit.

It's not really related to me having terrible battery life, but I noticed it when I saw (again) that my Android System had sucked up more battery life than my display.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
From what i can tell, the droid system will keep your proc underclocked to 300 Mhz at all times when the phone is idle (not low power sleep, mind you, but screen off, apps not active). Then, when you unlock your screen it gets ramped up to full speed. It's a shame that even after 40+ years the modern cpu cannot truly dynamically scale to any given load....ahh the pratfalls of dated cmos....

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G