Droid 2 Global Battery Life

ExodusC

Reaction score
I agree i wanted the power so i bought the d2g and now i have the power i want but i just cant use it fas i want.....
I am also thinking about the extended battery, verizon's test will be the last option before moving on to another battery.

I'm also considering the extended battery, since it barely sticks out from the back of the Droid...

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

steeda2005

Reaction score
What and were can u get the extended battery?

Charged phone to 100%. Have been gaming about 30 min and my phone is hella hot. Its never felt this warm before and battery is at 80%. After 30 min!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

speltrong

Reaction score
Ok, so I did the application thinger. Do I have to do that every day? Not sure about the power option for the back light. Can't find that. Slow down on the rooting Im already confused. Lol...I love this phone but goodness, I'm such a tard when it comes to it. I play 3 games almost hourly, so my phone is pretty much on the charger all the time. I will try the battery thinger u said to do. I'll let u know how it turns out. Thanks for helping me.

@Steeda:

Go to your homescreen, hit the menu key (the icon with four boxes with the upper left one filled in) - it's the lower-left most key on the face of the phone. Choose "add". Then Choose 'Widgets'. Scroll down a bunch until you see "Power Control" and select that. A new bar will appear on your screen with five icons. From left to right, these are toggle switches for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Push Email and Brightness. For the best battery life, have all of them off (no green bar underneath and the icon is dim). Turn them on as you need them (WiFi if you're downloading large files, Bluetooth for a headset or car connection, GPS if you need to use maps, Push if you're on a corporate email account and need up-to-the-minute email, and Brightness if you can't see the screen in daylight).

If you get an error when adding Power Control, it probably means there isn't enough room on that screen for it.. swipe over to another screen that has room and add it there.

Hope this helps

BigJermZ

Reaction score
results are in BAD BATTERY,

if you are having issues with the battery i suggest returning to the store to test the battery, i got a brand new one out of the box and within the next few days i should see a HUGE difference according to the verizon tech.

batt came @60 will run down till empty then charge fully +2hrs

ExodusC

Reaction score
Was Verizon good about giving you a new battery? Did you have to argue at all with the reps? I've had some bad customer service experiences with Verizon so far...

I'm willing to go in the store and take some time if it will get me a new battery that functions properly.

BigJermZ

Reaction score
No they were real nice....but again I bought the phone last week.
Bat is at 20%

Reaction score
Just so you guys know, the extended battery comes with a replacement battery door, to cover the bulge. IT ONLY COMES IN GREY. Just an FYI. It also doesn't fit well in cases (sometimes). I use mine in a Seidio Innocase without the battery door and have zero problems. (Thinking I'll fab some sort of film over it to protect the innards from debris)

leobg

Reaction score
People report if you order the R2D2 battery, the battery cover matches the white droid 2 global perfectly. Interestingly though VZ site says 'incompatible'. But as I said - it is confirmed by users it fits/looks right on D2G

steeda2005

Reaction score
Thats what happens to my battery. I can only game on it for like 2 hrs. Then I have to charge it again. Before I go back to Verizon. I'll wait and see how ur new battery works out. What games do u play? I play imobsters, bakery story and farm story.

ComradeF

Reaction score
My two cents...

At first I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the D2G's battery life, and I probably still would be if I hadn't made a number of tweaks to make it tolerable.

Probably the single most important thing in my opinion was getting SetCPU and underclocking everything... which makes me a sad panda, yes, but it did the trick...
- 300 MHz max when the screen is off
- 800 MHz max when unplugged
- 300 MHz max when the battery is very low
- 1200 MHz max when plugged in

The first one made the biggest difference for me, I think.

The other important thing was to remove as much bloated crap as possible. I picked up Root Explorer and moved a lot of stuff to the SDCard. I move it back whenever there's an OTA, then move it back once again after it completes. It's annoying but hey, so is Motorola's decision not to put stock Android on this phone. :) Trying to make the best of a bad situation!

So with all that done, I've actually squeezed a full two days out of my D2G's battery. This is with the screen on auto-brightness, syncing turned ON, GPS ON (though not being used), Bluetooth OFF, and WiFi ON. Granted, the phone saw very little use over those two days (and thus spent most of its time underclocked to 300 MHz because the screen was off), but it's better than the 8 hours I was getting previously!

I'm coming to accept that, hey, this is a small computer. If I use it heavily, the battery will be eaten. Sucks, but that's how it's going to be.

sidsub

Reaction score
Wow, what a difference that made. Yesterday, I asked here about battery life and reviewed several posts about it. I then went ahead and rooted, ran SetCPU to underclock especially on idle (with blank screen), ran Titanium backup to freeze some of the bloatware...

While yesterday I got to about 20% of CPU by 4pm, today I'm at 50% at about 10pm and still going strong with about the same level of use. I don't mind charging every night, and especially with extensive use. What had me really ticked off was that the phone would drain significantly in a few hours with absolutely no active use. This is a whole lot better.

Thanks to everyone who posted advice on this forum!

ComradeF

Reaction score
I don't mind charging every night, and especially with extensive use. What had me really ticked off was that the phone would drain significantly in a few hours with absolutely no active use.
Couldn't agree more. Makes one wonder how such a product would ever make it to market... it's not realistic at all! The fact that we've had to do all this in the first place just to make it so we're not always frantically searching for a power outlet is pretty sad.

BigJermZ

Reaction score
I play mainly the hawx and nova game

i fully charged the battery after i drained it and unplugged at 9pm by 6am i was at 30% (engadget widget seemed to use 75%, so scrapped it) it is fully charged now (charges in 2 hours!!!!!! off and from 30% on the same) charge time is kinda short if u ask me might be the cause of current issues. but lets see how the day goes with regular/high usage (CES 2011 is going on so more data usage than normal)

9am @100% (throttled down cpu to 1Ghz)
10am @ 90% (with 3 txt 2 calls and 2 you tube videos)
11am @ 80% with one more phone call
12pm @ 80% DL'd one app only
12:45 @ 70% just checkin the time
2:30 @ 60% phone calls, emails, txt
3:00 @ 50% 30 min phone call
6:00 @ 30/40% with a few phone calls
**so 9 hours and still some juice left is OK for me until i get a car charger that will have to do.

as i wait for the day to be over i was thinking these phones may have terrible battery life but at least it charges in under 2 hrs at HOME.....i wonder how fast from vehicle charger......so with a car charger and plugging it in every chance we get we should be able to use the powerhouse under the hood to the fullest.

Last edited:

ExodusC

Reaction score
I've set my Droid 2 Global to clock down to 300MHz with the screen off. I previously had it set at 600MHz. We'll see how much of a difference it makes.

BigJermZ

Reaction score
I've set my Droid 2 Global to clock down to 300MHz with the screen off. I previously had it set at 600MHz. We'll see how much of a difference it makes.

I have mine set to 800Mhz when screen is off