Droid 1 out of memory. When can i upgrade?

pilot25

Reaction score
I got the droid on day one and it's now so bogged down with bloatware and such it keeps telling me I'm out of memory. I've cleared cache and deleted apps I don't use and still it sucks.

I don't hit my 2 year anniversary for a year and a week however everyone on here seems to have upgraded from that first lot. Do you guys just pay the huge cost of upgrading or do you sweet talk the VZ people into giving you a good price?

UNC

Reaction score
I got the droid on day one and it's now so bogged down with bloatware and such it keeps telling me I'm out of memory. I've cleared cache and deleted apps I don't use and still it sucks.

I don't hit my 2 year anniversary for a year and a week however everyone on here seems to have upgraded from that first lot. Do you guys just pay the huge cost of upgrading or do you sweet talk the VZ people into giving you a good price?

My launch Droid is still running like a champ... Have you tried installing CyanogenMod and moving your apps to the sd card... (all of them)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid 1 doesn't have bloatware on it, you just have too many apps or too many large apps.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Yes the nfs apk is huge. 100mb, definitely bloatware.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can upgrade the primary line every 12 months even if your on a 24 month contract. You'll get the 2 year price on the new phone and your contract starts over. The only drawback is you forfeit your NE2 discount but that's only 50 bucks.

The secondary lines can upgrade every 18 months.

PelvaanAli

Reaction score
I hate to say this but I was a pretty lucky dude...bought the droid1 on release date and on August 2010 it crapped out on me. Verizon sent me a droid2 with a letter of apology stating "we are out of droid1's, please accept this droid 2 as an apology"

Ill scan the letter if you don't believe me...call em up and see what they say

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hate to say this but I was a pretty lucky dude...bought the droid1 on release date and on August 2010 it crapped out on me. Verizon sent me a droid2 with a letter of apology stating "we are out of droid1's, please accept this droid 2 as an apology"

Ill scan the letter if you don't believe me...call em up and see what they say

alot of people got free upgrades this way due to lack of inventory by both verizon and asurion.

they were also giving Droid X's and Incredibles as replacements for broken/defective droid 1's

the whole problem with this is people found out they were doing this so they made up an excuse or broke their droid 1 on purpose to get another. This is why the insurance rates are higher then they used to be. Im not saying you did this but ALOT of people have.

PelvaanAli

Reaction score
I could see that. Not suprised if verizon has "mystery" members on this forum spying for them. But the thing is for a warranty exchange, you must go to the store, have a tech look @ it, and then he/she will assess if a new one is in order.

Detonation

Reaction score
Backup all your data/settings and do a factory reset. Your phone will run like the first day you got it. Its a slight inconvenience to reinstall and reconfigure everything, but I take it as an opportunity to do some clean up and only put back what I actually use.