Any Droid Owners Eligible for Upgrade?

Jer

Reaction score
For those that got the flyer in the mail or were allowed to upgrade early, what did your online VZW account say? Did it say you were still about 11mos or so away from your upgrade? The reason I ask is because my wife and I bought Droids in November much like others here and we would like to upgrade to X's but no way in heck am I paying the $549 price for upgrading. Our account says we're not eligible for an upgrade yet but I'm curious what others had experienced. If yours said the same thing and you were still allowed to upgrade via phone calls to customer service then I'll start the phone process.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Wife and I did our NE2 upgrades on the day the Droid 1 came out last November. I'm the primary line with a droid; she's secondary with a regular phone. With the current promo they let me upgrade my line to a Droid X. My new 2 year contract will end 2 years from the date I activate my new phone. As is always the case with NE2, you can upgrade at the 20th month of your contract and get the NE2 discount; you don't have to wait until the 24th month. Incidentally, individual plans and the primary line of a family plan can upgrade annually, but without any additional NE2 discount and you may have to pay a fee ($20 or $30) to do the early upgrade. So, when my X arrives I'll give my current droid to my wife. Since we weren't able to upgrade her line early the original contract dates still apply: she'll be eligible to upgrade in the 20th month...next July. When that time comes I'll most likely use her upgrade to get a newer Android phone for myself and give her my X. She's okay wth my hand-me-down phones, because I'm the techie and she has the benefit of having me help her learn her "new" phone since it was previously mine.

TatDroid

Reaction score
For those that got the flyer in the mail or were allowed to upgrade early, what did your online VZW account say?
Just checked my account on line and it says I'm not eligible until Nov of 2011. But the "Never Blink" flyer (with a big red "eye" on the front) I received in the mail from Verizon yesterday says otherwise! On the back it lists my "special offers" and says all 4 of our phones are eligible for "lowest promotional price on ANY smartphone". Inside, it lists the Droid Incredible and Droid X for $199, and the LG Ally for $99.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Don't get a new Droid now. In a few months you'll be able to buy 4g phones on their LTE system. Worth the wait.

J

Johnly

yes, I am eligible, but I ain't buying:) my root able droid is too darn slick to trade up! I did promise the girlfriend it in Oct, jeez, me and my big mouth...

rlacsamana1989

Reaction score
Don't get a new Droid now. In a few months you'll be able to buy 4g phones on their LTE system. Worth the wait.

What don't you understand about the promotion they has an exp. date of August 31st 2010 if they do not upgrade before then they will have to wait for their original update.

this is just a way to bump up sales for Q3.

J

Johnly

What don't you understand about the promotion they has an exp. date of August 31st 2010 if they do not upgrade before then they will have to wait for their original update.

this is just a way to bump up sales for Q3.
because something is slick in Q4! That's the treat, and cut off:icon_ banana:

Jer

Reaction score
Just checked my account on line and it says I'm not eligible until Nov of 2011. But the "Never Blink" flyer (with a big red "eye" on the front) I received in the mail from Verizon yesterday says otherwise! On the back it lists my "special offers" and says all 4 of our phones are eligible for "lowest promotional price on ANY smartphone". Inside, it lists the Droid Incredible and Droid X for $199, and the LG Ally for $99.

Does this flyer have any sort of code or anything? Just a flyer saying to call?

yes, I am eligible, but I ain't buying:) my root able droid is too darn slick to trade up! I did promise the girlfriend it in Oct, jeez, me and my big mouth...

You know that the X is root able as well, right?