Droid 1 all connections 'freeze'

senturon

Reaction score
I might have missed it, but I didn't see this issue posted.

I'm having a connections 'freeze' issue with my original droid. I say freeze because the 'bars' for cell service are stuck in a position, depending on when it freezes the 'arrows' for 1G/3G service are stuck in one position, the GPS 'waves' are stuck, and the WiFi 'waves' are stuck.

While it visually appears that I should have service, every single service is unavailable...I have no connection to the outside world. The phone continues to work, just has no connection.

A reboot fixes the problem every-time, however it would be awesome if I didn't go half a day before realizing my phone has essentially been off the entire time.

It happens randomly, usually when I leave it alone overnight (charging or not) but has happened during the day as well.

I am running the stock Android OS 2.2 (FRG22D), maybe I should just root the darn thing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ETA: I have also tried to switch to airplane mode then back again to 'jolt' it into working, I don't remember if it completely froze my phone or just shut it off...but it wasn't something I wanted to try again.

Last edited:
OP
S

senturon

Reaction score
Aw, well that's no fun.

Oh well...thanks for the advice!