dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
agree with what Hook posted.

my friend has a Droid X and I had my overclocked droid right there next to me. ran some side by side and the X wasn't too much faster.

sounds like a rogue program or a bad update to me. then again i'm new to this rooting thing.

machnhed

Reaction score
Just do it when you think about it. Maybe once a month, heck I don't know. :) I just do it when the urge hits me.

What if it makes me become OCD about it, thus making the urge far too frequent? lol Okay, sounds good, thanks man! Any idea what exact caches this is clearing? I couldn't find much documentation on it... like system caches? Web caches? Everything? Any ideas?

Zack

machnhed

Reaction score
agree with what Hook posted.

my friend has a Droid X and I had my overclocked droid right there next to me. ran some side by side and the X wasn't too much faster.

sounds like a rogue program or a bad update to me. then again i'm new to this rooting thing.

I benchmarked my rooted Droid 1 w/ froyo with Quadrant several times and get between 1205 and 1275, which puts the Nexus One running Froyo as the only phone faster (at least in the list they use for comparison). So...my phone actually is consistently scoring around or above what my buddy's Droid X is doing! His graphic performance is much better, but naturally that's from a better screen and higher fps ability, but still...I was very impressed with where my droid fell within the group.

Zack

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What if it makes me become OCD about it, thus making the urge far too frequent? lol Okay, sounds good, thanks man! Any idea what exact caches this is clearing? I couldn't find much documentation on it... like system caches? Web caches? Everything? Any ideas?

Zack

Hey, I just checked and there's an auto setting so you don't have to be worried about being OCD.

I've been using the power setting which is suppose to clean everything.

It even comes with a back up. I didn't know that!

machnhed

Reaction score
Hey, I just checked and there's an auto setting so you don't have to be worried about being OCD.

Which cleaner are you using? I'm using CacheCleaner by L. Sartory and it seems to be a single-click thing with no customization or profiles. I could be missing something tho...happens with alarming frequency! :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Which cleaner are you using? I'm using CacheCleaner by L. Sartory and it seems to be a single-click thing with no customization or profiles. I could be missing something tho...happens with alarming frequency! :)

Cache-Mate for Rooters….It's a paid app but does it automatically.

jssmith76

Reaction score

I looked up both of these cache cleaner programs in the market, but they both state that they have to have root access. Does anyone happen to know of a quality cache cleaner program for us "non-rooters"?

Thanks,
Josh

Taegost

Reaction score

I looked up both of these cache cleaner programs in the market, but they both state that they have to have root access. Does anyone happen to know of a quality cache cleaner program for us "non-rooters"?

Thanks,
Josh

I don't think so, I believe cleaning the cache requires access to restricted portions of the file system, which is normally reserved for the 'Delete Cache' function in the Applications Management section.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds to me like the OC has taken a toll on your cpu/battery. Try a diff kernel and see if that helps, or you can atempt to call Verizon and get a "CLNR" that isnt defective.

+1 At least, I've been having problems with gradual slowdown, and bumping up to a new kernel helped. In particular, I went from 125-1000 to 250-1000 after reading that underclocking to 125 may have given the Droid too little juice to do its job (esp. while screen is off).

The biggest improvement, for me, is that there's no lag in Launcher Pro, which used to "hang" for 12-15 seconds anytime I turned the screen on or quit an app.

-Matt

beckx020

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted so I just use "quick app cleaner". It lists your apps in order of use of cache. So it's easy to manually pick them and clean.