Droid getting slower everyday...

mralexosborn

Reaction score
I have begun to hate my Droid. I have the latest DroidMod ROM. It is OC'ed to 1-1.2Ghz. But it is as slow as dirt. It is also incredibly buggy. When I first rooted I did not have this (or any) problems. It varies from my phone dropping signal, to freezing then going into sleep mode then shutting off, to applications just randomly freezing. It is not the apps running. Things like this just happen at random times.

The most recent problem was: it froze. I pressed the sleep button. Pressed it again to awake It didn't. Then I held it down. That did nothing. I removed the battery. Then held the button down again. It turned on but didn't recognized the SD card. I simple reboot sufficed, but still this is getting irritating. :icon_evil:

Please just tell me what could cause constant freezing and increasing bugginess.

MatchesMalone

Reaction score
I thought it was just me but ever since the Droid X was announced my Droid has been a dog.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, do you guys have a cache cleaner? Do you go in every once in a while and clean out your cache on your programs? What type of maintenance do you do for your Droid?

Are you using a task killer set on automatic? If so get rid of it or at least take it off of automatic. Got virus protection? Not needed.

None of the above? Well, you probably have a rogue program. Do a factory data reset and watch that puppy run like new again. And see if you can figure out what program is giving you grief.

Reaction score
So, do you guys have a cache cleaner? Do you go in every once in a while and clean out your cache on your programs? What type of maintenance do you do for your Droid?

Are you using a task killer set on automatic? If so get rid of it or at least take it off of automatic. Got virus protection? Not needed.

None of the above? Well, you probably have a rogue program. Do a factory data reset and watch that puppy run like new again. And see if you can figure out what program is giving you grief.

Not that I am having any problems but thanks for the cache cleaner information. Didn't realize there was such a thing. Already downloaded it.

machnhed

Reaction score
Thanks for the cache cleaner tip. Freed up 5MB on my phone... and honestly seems to run a little more snappy since then.

Any recommended schedule/frequency to do this? I don't wanna get OCD about it. lol

Zack

OP
M

mralexosborn

Reaction score
...slower...

It seems to slow down every time a new Android device that I want comes out...:happy:

bruceatk

Reaction score
I have begun to hate my Droid. I have the latest DroidMod ROM. It is OC'ed to 1-1.2Ghz. But it is as slow as dirt. It is also incredibly buggy. When I first rooted I did not have this (or any) problems. It varies from my phone dropping signal, to freezing then going into sleep mode then shutting off, to applications just randomly freezing. It is not the apps running. Things like this just happen at random times.

The most recent problem was: it froze. I pressed the sleep button. Pressed it again to awake It didn't. Then I held it down. That did nothing. I removed the battery. Then held the button down again. It turned on but didn't recognized the SD card. I simple reboot sufficed, but still this is getting irritating. :icon_evil:

Please just tell me what could cause constant freezing and increasing bugginess.

Do you think that your overclocking may be causing your problems?

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Sounds to me like the OC has taken a toll on your cpu/battery. Try a diff kernel and see if that helps, or you can atempt to call Verizon and get a "CLNR" that isnt defective.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the cache cleaner tip. Freed up 5MB on my phone... and honestly seems to run a little more snappy since then.

Any recommended schedule/frequency to do this? I don't wanna get OCD about it. lol

Zack

Just do it when you think about it. Maybe once a month, heck I don't know. :) I just do it when the urge hits me.

Taegost

Reaction score
I do a cache cleaning about once a week, pretty much like Hook said: Whenever I think of it.
The issues described could be part of the kernel, maybe your Droid can't handle 1.2GHz (Mine does the exact same thing if I go to 1.25GHz or above) or you may need to up the voltage (go from low voltage to standard/medium voltage).
Also, how often do you reboot your phone? I have to reboot mine at least every 2-3 days or I get the same behavior you're describing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do a cache cleaning about once a week, pretty much like Hook said: Whenever I think of it.
The issues described could be part of the kernel, maybe your Droid can't handle 1.2GHz (Mine does the exact same thing if I go to 1.25GHz or above) or you may need to up the voltage (go from low voltage to standard/medium voltage).
Also, how often do you reboot your phone? I have to reboot mine at least every 2-3 days or I get the same behavior you're describing.

I totally agree, a reboot every 2 or 3 days is a plus. Mine just hums along fine.

brando56894

Reaction score
Ive been having market problems lately and its very annoying, I even went from 2.2 to 2.0.1 and they still happen :(