Help!! Can't get 2.2. update, frozen M logo

eric.c.alaniz

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, after multiple battery removes the phone wouldn't even turn on. The guy at the Verizon store (really nice dude, named Jerry, if you're in Flint, find him to help you out) told me it was bricked, and proceeded to give me a shiny new Droid 2 since they were out of Droid stock.

soba525

Reaction score
Lucky you.

You are lucky you found a nice guy at Verizon.

The dullards at my local Santa Monica Verizon store didn't even know there was a "fix" available -- I had to tell them that Motorola told me there was a fix!

As I have mentioned, they tried to download the fix but it "fried" my Droid (1/original).

Now I have to wait about a week to get a "refurbished" Droid (1).

That makes me mad. :icon_evil:

soba525

Reaction score
Verizon -- Santa Monica Store -- BAD EXPERIENCE

Not only did my "replacement" (i.e., refurbished Droid) not arrive on Tuesday (as Verizon promised) but when I called them to complain they told me that it wouldn't arrive until Thursday or Friday! (ONE FULL WEEK AFTER I BROUGHT IN MY DROID -- after 2.2 upgrade Froze/Fried/Bricked it.)

I am very angry.:icon_evil:

Particularly, since I know that other Verizon customers either received a replacement via "next day" delivery or were given a Droid 2.

It is a total nightmare. My whole life is on that phone. And, I am leaving on vacation tomorrow morning and was counting on not only having a phone but also the GPS navigation, as well as the Internet connection.

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

Oh, and I will also add that when I brought my phone into the Verizon store in the first place the "service rep" told me that it was MY FAULT that 2.2 destroyed my Droid -- because I made the decision to download it.

soba525

Reaction score
PS:

PS: I will also mention that when this nightmare first started and 2.2 bricked my Droid, I sent an email to Motorola requesting help.

I got an automated reply that someone would respond to me within 24 hours.

Well, guess what ... it as been 7 days since then and still nothing.

This whole experience shows how much Motorola/Verizon care about their customers.

(I haven't heard a lot of people complaining that their iPhones have been bricked by universal upgrades. And, I have both an iMac desktop and laptop and have never experienced the customer service nightmare I have experienced with the Droid/Verizon.)

Ddog0587

Reaction score
I agree. My phone Bricked due to the 2.2 DL. Sent me a refurbed one a Week ago and I DLed 2.2 again and it made my Car home freak and now it wont stop running interrupting all actions. Called Verizon, out of Stock on droids and droid 2s. They tried to offer me a Motorola Blur or a Droid Eris...............no. Called roughly a half dozen times before I got them to send me a droid to. I still think 2.2 isnt built for the Droid and its processor. Verizon has been a service nightmare for this as well:icon_evil:

soba525

Reaction score
Response: Unsatisfactory

Ok. Here's the resolution on this whole sorry saga:

It took 7 days (!) for Verizon to send me a refurbished Droid1 to replace the one 2.2 bricked.

I sent at least 2 emails to Motorola for help and (other than the auto reply saying they got my emails), they NEVER RESPONDED.

And, now, I cannot access my gmail account -- it continually crashes.

I have 2 more year to go on my Droid.

The iPhone is looking more and more attractive.

My customer service grade for both Verizon & Motorola: F (FAIL, MISERABLY):icon_evil: