Moto Droid stuck at "M" logo! Searched but can't find fix...

Turbo Rob

Reaction score
I have a stock Motorola Droid with all of the updates that download automatically. Tonight my phone was working fine, I checked the time... then 5 minutes later the screen wasn't on BUT the backlight and keyboard light was. I took the battery out to see if that would fix it but now the only thing that pops up is the "M" logo, which stays to the left side of the screen with the keyboard lights functioning. I searched for the issue and attempted to get to the boot page but it will not go past the "M" logo. I tried a "hard reset" but it still will not move past the M logo... the only thing the screen ever shows is the "M" logo off to the left side.

Basically... I am experiencing the same problems as this thread except my phone will not leave the "M" logo at all...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/20126?start=15&tstart=0

Any and all help is appreciated.

Happy holidays

-Rob

D

dankarlinski

Boot into recovery. Clear the cache. Then reboot

- Sent From my Droid Incredible

OP
T

Turbo Rob

Reaction score
It will not boot into recovery. It does not do anything except display the "M" logo off to the left hand side of the screen.

RJFrank

Reaction score
Are you saying that when you reboot holding down the "x" key on your keyboard it still gets stuck on the M?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, one of two things:

One, your battery is too low to boot. Charge the battery for a while and see if you can get it to boot.

Two, something in the phone SERIOUSLY borked and you'll have to SBF from the bootloader.

Pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, put it back in and boot into the bootloader. Tell me what it says.

OP
T

Turbo Rob

Reaction score
Okay, one of two things:

One, your battery is too low to boot. Charge the battery for a while and see if you can get it to boot.

Two, something in the phone SERIOUSLY borked and you'll have to SBF from the bootloader.

Pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, put it back in and boot into the bootloader. Tell me what it says.

I charged the phone for a while and the screen went completely black. The blue light was glowing in the corner like there was a message on handscent.

I attempted to enter into recovery, but my phone continued to display the off centered "M" logo that I have previously mentioned.

Seems as if there may be an issue between the software and display?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Bootloader is not the same as recovery.

Droid 1? Battery pull, wait 30 seconds, reinsert, press and hold up on the d-pad, power phone up.

What does the bootloader say?

OP
T

Turbo Rob

Reaction score
Bootloader is not the same as recovery.

Droid 1? Battery pull, wait 30 seconds, reinsert, press and hold up on the d-pad, power phone up.

What does the bootloader say?

Bootloader
2c.7c

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
T

Turbo Rob

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help. I took the phone into Verizon this morning and they replaced the phone for free. The guy didn't elaborate on the problem. He just gave me a new phone haha.