Download: LauncherPro Plus

Beardface

Reaction score
Don't have a PayPal account, as I have never really trusted that site. Is there no other way to get this outside of using a PP account?

Slipstream

Reaction score
Glad to purchase and support Fed since I've been using Pro beta since it first came out....

wish there was a work around for not being able to pull over the Facebook contact pics....I'm guessing this is something that Facebook has locked down, but seems like there should be a way to trick FB into thinking that the Plus widget is the regular contacts app...

Download SyncMyPix. It pulls all of your current Facebook friends and marries them up to your Google contacts. Then refresh the widget and it will populate. It's not realtime (so you'd have to run the SMP thing whenever you want it to update) but it's a start.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
update lpp:

During the past couple of days, I’ve been literally bombarded with emails with general support questions about LauncherPro. Most of these emails are asking the same two or three questions.
As you can imagine, replying to emails takes time. Time that otherwise would be spent improving the product. I’ve literally only had a few hours to work on LauncherPro the past two days due to the sheer amount of emails. You can also see it in the blog comments here, the same two or three questions being asked over and over again, despite me having already answered them in the same comments section. Namely the three questions that kept popping up are about how to download/install the Plus version, how updates for the Plus version will be handled, and Facebook pictures in the People widget, all of which I have answered in the comments and in the forum.
So it’s time for some changes. From now on, the LauncherPro Forums are the one and ONLY way to get answers to general support questions. If you have a question or a billing problem that cannot be resolved in public, you can still email me (please read below for instructions on doing so). But any general support questions sent by email will not be answered. I know it sounds harsh, but it’s the only way for me to be able to keep spending the necessary time on actually developing LauncherPro.
If you’d just like to send a comment that doesn’t require an answer, and you’d rather not post it on the forum, you can email it to me too (assuming you don’t expect an answer, of course). I still read all email that comes this way, just won’t be replying to those that should have been posted on the forum instead.
So if you have any general questions, please head over to our forum (there’s a link at the top of this page, next to “Home”) and post them. But first, some ground rules about posting in the forum:

• 1. SEARCH FIRST: A support forum is useless if it has 100 different topics, all asking the same question, or suggesting the same feature, or reporting the same bug. You can find a search box at the top right corner on the forums. Do a search for keywords relating to your question/suggestion/bug. Make sure nobody has posted about it already. If there’s already a topic about it, feel free to add your comments to that topic, but don’t start a new one. If there’s no topic relating to your issue, then start a new topic.
  • 2. Read the forum announcements first: On top of every subforum, you’ll see a section with announcements. Please make sure you read them carefully before posting. There you’ll find an extensive list of features that have been already requested, and their current status in the “todo” list. There’s also a topic with frequently asked questions and answers.
  • 3. Use the right forum: Inside the forums, we have different subforums for feature requests, bug reports, general questions/help, etc. The titles are self-explanatory. Please look at the different subforums and choose the one that best matches your issue. The LauncherPro Plus forums are meant to be used only for issues related to Plus-only features. That means that if you want to request a feature that’s not related to LauncherPro Widgets, you must post it in the LauncherPro suggestions forum, even if you’re a LauncherPro Plus user. Sames goes for General questions/help; if your question is not about Plus features, post it in the LauncherPro questions forum.
  • 4. Be POLITE: At all times, please remain respectful of your fellow LauncherPro users. Even if you disagree with what they say or how they think. No swearing, no disrespecting, and no trolling, please.
Ok, so with those rules we should be able to have a peaceful community where users can help each other without me having to take time away from development to answer questions that have already been answered or could be easily answered by a more experienced user.
Now here’s a couple of rules for sending private emails:

• Include “[Private]” (without the commas) in the subject line. This will help me filter emails that are actually private and from people who can follow a couple of simple guidelines.
  • If you have purchased LauncherPro Plus and are not satisfied with it, I’m more than happy to issue you a full refund within the first week of use. If you’d like to request a refund, please include your Paypal Transaction ID (it’s on your Paypal invoice) in your email. I need this ID to properly find your purchase and issue a refund.

I hope you’ll understand the reasons to have this new system/rules. It’s not because I’m too lazy to reply to emails. It’s because LauncherPro is still a one-man-show (until I can afford to hire more people) and having to answer to a lot of unnecessary emails is hurting the development of the project.
Thanks in advance for following the rules.
Fede

LauncherPro 0.7.0.2 released.

Jul 22nd

Posted by Federico in Updates
32 comments

The latest version of LauncherPro (v0.7.0.2) is now available on the Android market.
Here’s what’s new:

• A new “Unlock LauncherPro Plus” option on the preferences page. This will let you get future updates to the Plus version through the market. In order to get your unlock code, please go here and enter your Paypal email address. You’ll receive your code via email.
  • New option: Highlight color. Now you can choose the color of the icon highlights (when they are pressed/focused). A more precise color picker will come in the future. You can use any color by entering the hexadecimal code. (Preferences > Appearance Settings).
  • New option: Stretch 4-row widgets. If you have the 5 icon rows option enabled, you can now choose to stretch 4-row high widgets to use the whole 5 rows instead of leaving an empty row at the bottom. This counts for LauncherPro widgets too.
That’s it for now. LauncherPro Plus users, the Bookmarks widget is coming soon along with some tweaks to the People widget. I wanted to have it finished already but between creating the new unlock key system and replying to the boatload of emails about the Plus version, I haven’t had enough time to finish it.
Fede

Droid-ITA

Reaction score
Fede,

thanks so much for all your work.
I was glad to pay for your app.

StingRay

Reaction score
Glad to purchase and support Fed since I've been using Pro beta since it first came out....

wish there was a work around for not being able to pull over the Facebook contact pics....I'm guessing this is something that Facebook has locked down, but seems like there should be a way to trick FB into thinking that the Plus widget is the regular contacts app...

Use Syncmypix. Worked for me.

Cool! Thanks!
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I don't care about the widgets (I already run too many), but I'm experimenting with LP now. There are pluses and minuses over my usual OpenHome. The day Fede puts in the ability to change the icon fonts (or at least change the size) I'm buying.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Finally bought it. he's done enough for us, not being picky about fonts, and he keeps doing more. want to convince him to put something in, put your money toward development, THEN send him an idea.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Sorry, too many options out there. I put my money toward OpenHome already for having the features I wanted. I'm giving it a whirl because there's buzz about it, but I'm not going to donate/buy something that isn't up to snuff to be used on a daily basis yet.

dkshaer

Reaction score
Sorry, too many options out there. I put my money toward OpenHome already for having the features I wanted. I'm giving it a whirl because there's buzz about it, but I'm not going to donate/buy something that isn't up to snuff to be used on a daily basis yet.

LP is very much "up to snuff". I have used it for a couple of months with minimum, very minimum, issues. Just as with anything, you can't overload it. If you tax the memory, use too many widgets, screens, features, etc, it, like anything, will crash. You have to choose your options responsibly.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Just thought of something... who uses icon fonts anymore? I get rid of them with launcherpro and couldn't be happier!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Swype

chanatown

Reaction score
LP working for me...

Agreeing with dkshaer. I've been impressed by Launcher Pro thus far and will keep an eye on the memory/battery effects.

Quick review here.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
It freezes up all the time and creates waits on multiple kernels for me. ADW, OpenHome and the Sweeter Home beta almost never do it. LP does it 5-10 times an hour when I'm using the phone heavily. Obviously, like everything else sometimes different things run better on different phones, but it's a shame, because that makes it nearly unusable for me, and more alpha than beta. If I have to FC or click on a wait dialog more than 5 times a day and don't with 4-5 competitors, it's not ready. I envy those of you that it works for, because I like some of the ideas like having 15 slots independent of the screens above.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
It freezes up all the time and creates waits on multiple kernels for me. ADW, OpenHome and the Sweeter Home beta almost never do it. LP does it 5-10 times an hour when I'm using the phone heavily. Obviously, like everything else sometimes different things run better on different phones, but it's a shame, because that makes it nearly unusable for me, and more alpha than beta. If I have to FC or click on a wait dialog more than 5 times a day and don't with 4-5 competitors, it's not ready. I envy those of you that it works for, because I like some of the ideas like having 15 slots independent of the screens above.

There were settings posted in the Beta thread that really do work great.

StingRay

Reaction score

I'm using BB .4 and haven't had any of those issues with LP Pro Plus...using Chevy's 1.0 lv kernel...

Not sure how many home pages and widgets you are running...I'm pretty much topped at 5 pages with only a widget or two on each...