Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Successfully moved from .232 to .235 by reading and re-reading all 89 pages of this post and others. I just want it to be known that I did this without asking SAMURI any dumb questions or annoying him!!:icon_eek:

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Successfully moved from .232 to .235 by reading and re-reading all 89 pages of this post and others. I just want it to be known that I did this without asking SAMURI any dumb questions or annoying him!!:icon_eek:

Very nice. :) Wait til you all see what's coming. :D

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I need opinions before I release the next version of House Of Bionic (don't worry those that downloaded the big file....this will be put out as an update).

What I want to know is how people feel about me turning this into an RSD based script completely going forward. Meaning I'd LIKE to remove the existing moto-fastboot scripting as it's harder to maintain (IMO). RSD opens up many more avenues to the script and makes it easier on me to do so.

So, how many would completely freak out if I removed the moto-fastboot based scripting and changed it to RSD based completely?

Bigv5150

Reaction score
I take it your script would work like a fxz except instead of backwards it would move forward. All you would do is uncompress house of bionic and install. If that were the case I would say hell yeah especially if it is easier for you.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly the idea....I would write custom RSD XML scripts that are kicked off by the House Of Bionic menu.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Because some people are die-hard set against RSD. And if I remove the moto-fastboot stuff it might upset them. And that's not what I wanna do. But the script is going to become SO much more useful to people if I can remove the legacy stuff.

eye_dea

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
I need opinions before I release the next version of House Of Bionic (don't worry those that downloaded the big file....this will be put out as an update).

What I want to know is how people feel about me turning this into an RSD based script completely going forward. Meaning I'd LIKE to remove the existing moto-fastboot scripting as it's harder to maintain (IMO). RSD opens up many more avenues to the script and makes it easier on me to do so.

So, how many would completely freak out if I removed the moto-fastboot based scripting and changed it to RSD based completely?

Go for it. With the amount of support you personally provide, if there are issues you can help them manually flash the images. On older pc's RSDlite has issues, so i really prefer the moto-fastboot method when helping people. However, RSDlite is a nice one click option for most.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
The truth is, anyone that doesn't appreciate all that you've done and are still doing, shouldn't speak up.

No matter how easy you make it, there's still the opportunity for someone to misunderstand any given step.

Use your judgment, I think the majority of us will follow no matter what ;)

Fyrdawg

Reaction score
Go for it brother! You last script was spot in.....digging .232 now from .230 and didn't miss a beat due to it.....your instructions and code is clear and concise...I see no issues only expansion possibilities moving to straight RSDlite...

Bring it on....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Alright. Decision set. I'm building a patch now. You'll unzip it into your SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory (the full zip posted earlier today on the OP) and it'll run a one time cleanup script that'll remove unnecessary files and will put the new files in there for you. The options are even more simplified now:

Install 232
Install 235
Reinstall 235
FULL 905 FXZ

And depending on what you pick you'll get a dynamic menu for the things that apply to that option. (For example, the FULL 905 FXZ option doesn't have a push update or show recovery steps options). We good? :) Update will be posted as soon as I can.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP updated. For those that have the full SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic.zip installed, get the new SamuriHL_HouseOfBionc(PATCH) and extract it to the same folder you extracted the original file to. Allow it to overwrite the files. The first time you run it, it'll execute a clean script to fix some things up. It'll only do that once and then delete the clean script. This strictly uses RSD now. Enjoy!!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
P.S. For the kids who are late to class but already have their homework done (i.e. have the updates they need and the full 905 FXZ) you can use the PATCH to do a full install. Unzip it to your desktop, then drop the updates in their respective directories (232 235) and the FXZ _FILES_ (NOT FOLDER!!!) in the 905_FXZ directory and you'll have the full version. Tricky right? :D

kwp1911

Reaction score
I've started the download of the new zip file. I hope this one goes easier. I removed safestrap was able to recover all of my apps and data.

I'll let you know tomorrow if all goes smoothly.

Thanks again!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I got a PM from someone with concern that RSD throws an error and quits and leaves the phone in AP Fastboot. This is DESIRED behavior. When that happens, go to the next step in the script (DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE UNTIL YOU DO) and it will walk you through shutting the phone off and rebooting into recovery so you can flash your update.