Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

kwp1911

Reaction score
Yes, because you didn't extract the files in the root dir. Instead you have them in a sub-directory.
OK, now I'm at a loss. I deleted the folder and installed put in directly on the C: drive then unzipped the files again. I get the same message as before.

Is there something else I should do to the folder to have it recognized as the root directory?

Oh, and it's not bricked anymore. It was in safe mode in Safestrap.

Last edited:
OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you're getting the same message then you're extracting the folder from the fxz zip again. You must open the zip file click into the folder select all the files and extract them into the same folder that runme.bat lives.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

dfib

Reaction score
Just an Fyi. Sargentmajord and I have put a lot of work into a massive rewrite of the house of Bionic. Once I get the version he built I can merge it with what I've been working on. I think people will like the new script. I'll have to host it in multiple places as he wants me to include the full fxz as well as 232 and 235 updates for an all in one solution. Unzip and go. I have a hybrid fxz I built as well that'll be included so the zip will be pretty large. I may write an installer for it while I'm at it. We'll see how much time I have. The full zip will be augmented with smaller updates going forward so people won't have to download the full zip every time. It'll be a day or two before I can make that happen. I think people will like the improvements.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

PM me a link for anything you want hosted and I will upload it to my 4 shared account.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
PM me a link for anything you want hosted and I will upload it to my 4 shared account.

Sweet. I actually created a 4 shared account. I'm putting an update up there now. It's 1.5gb so it'll be a bit. It's not the update that sargentmajord and I have been working on, but, it's a precursor to that. I've had enough of dealing with issues where the FXZ files aren't found, etc. So I made an *ALL* in one package. It has 232, 235, scripts to deal with both, and 905 FXZ embedded with in it. Future updates will be patches to this directory. Basically with my new zip, they'll extract it to their desktop, C drive, whatever. It has the folder set up and ready to go. It seriously can't be any easier.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Woops. Noticed a bug already. Gonna cancel my upload. I may take you up on your 4 shared offer later.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So the new script will allow you to install 232 or 235. The code to go past 235 is dormant as it's not currently needed. When/if a new update is released, I'll update the script and the code for post 235 will be activated automagically. Once I have a link I'll update the OP significantly as 99% of it is outdated now. I really hope this will make it easier for those having issues.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok the new script is live. This does NOT include the additions I want to make when I get the mods from sargentmajord, but, this is a precursor to that rewrite and should set us up quite nicely to patch as needed. My advice to everyone using my script is to get THIS version and extract clean. It includes the 232 and 235 updates (read my warning about 235). It has a new root method that sargentmajord created. It includes the full 905 FXZ. The menus are a bit simpler as it'll ask what version you're installing. It'll then dynamically modify the script for that specific version. I removed some of the unnecessary flash commands which should speed it up slightly (probably not by much). I will be gone for most of today and will have no access to fix things while I'm gone. So if it's completely broken I apologize and will fix any issues when I get back tonight. Enjoy!!

grgguy

Reaction score
Ok the new script is live. This does NOT include the additions I want to make when I get the mods from sargentmajord, but, this is a precursor to that rewrite and should set us up quite nicely to patch as needed. My advice to everyone using my script is to get THIS version and extract clean. It includes the 232 and 235 updates (read my warning about 235). It has a new root method that sargentmajord created. It includes the full 905 FXZ. The menus are a bit simpler as it'll ask what version you're installing. It'll then dynamically modify the script for that specific version. I removed some of the unnecessary flash commands which should speed it up slightly (probably not by much). I will be gone for most of today and will have no access to fix things while I'm gone. So if it's completely broken I apologize and will fix any issues when I get back tonight. Enjoy!!

Sorry to bug again , just to clarify this though all I need to download now is the new samuri file ? it includes everything i need to downgrade to 905 including the 905 fxz????

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yup including the updates if I remembered to add them. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Fyrdawg

Reaction score
SamuriHL and all who participate in the BIONIC forums.... I have been a Bionic owner since release, and a lurker on these forums for years, but the community here and the work you guys put into making this platform the best it can be is phenomenal and I just want to say thank you.

And Samuri.... downloaded all 1.5GB's to test out your latest and it works perfectly...no problems errors or what have you going from .230 to .232 and keeping everything intact. Kudos brother... Im not ready to make the jump mentally to .235 quite yet....but one never knows....

Just want you to know the things you updated worked very well. You guys have certainly breathed new life into this BIONIC platform....too bad they still wont unlock the bootloader for some real fun.

dmdubois

Reaction score
just want to say thanks -- this worked like a charm. moved to see 232 with zero hiccups, and was rooted just as easily. thanks so much for your work on this!!