Double letters with Physical Keyboard

go.nocturn

Reaction score
ive run apex and liberty and OTA Gb and have never run into this problem...

After installing cm7 i run into double letters and it gets pretty annoying
I've cleared data, wiped cach, dalvik and system and the problem persists, is this a software error?

Also tried pushing different stock keyboards from other rom builds with no success...

any help?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean you're getting this with soft keyboards?

Haven't heard of that, not normal or known.

Have you tried wiping data?

What build are you on?

NYC

Reaction score
Ive encountered the same problem, it seemed to start on the recent official gingerbread build. I erased all my data, cache etc and the problem still occurs.

OP
go.nocturn

go.nocturn

Reaction score
So, ive been surfing the internet and found a few solutions that have worked for other people

the problem mainly persists with the gingerbread keyboard, so maybe cm is using a buggy keyboard...
Thats for the devs to figure out

ive recently flashed over apex rc3 and the problem is gone.. so i really just think its a cm bug.. hopefully it gets dealt with soon, I miss cm :frown:

XanRules

Reaction score
Same problem here.

Mostly on "e" and "r."

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe try using another keyboard. TouchPal and Go Keyboard work very well and they are free on the market.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

battlemac

Reaction score
I'm actually have the same issue, but its with the physical keyboard. Any ideas on how to solve it. I've tried cleared system, wiped cache, dalvik and reinstall the rom, but not dice. Any ideas?

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Give me a sec. I have seen this before.

fishaholic

Reaction score
i have the same issue with the psyical keyboard and im on the STOCK OTA update :(

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is really not quite a first fix, and I really have not found anything on it, but you might need a hard reset/factory reset and set things up again. These aren't usually issues caused by an app or simple user error. If the reset doesn't work you might be looking at contacting the vendor/manufacturer for warranty.

OP
go.nocturn

go.nocturn

Reaction score
Maybe try using another keyboard. TouchPal and Go Keyboard work very well and they are free on the market.

Ive used, touchpal, swype, go keyboard, a smarter keyboard, fast keyboard, swiftkey x, SlideIt, and thumb keyboard.. problem persists

battlemac

Reaction score
This is really not quite a first fix, and I really have not found anything on it, but you might need a hard reset/factory reset and set things up again. These aren't usually issues caused by an app or simple user error. If the reset doesn't work you might be looking at contacting the vendor/manufacturer for warranty.
No go there with the hard reset. Even SBF'd back and installed the rom again and it's still there. Haven't heard of many people with this issue, so I don't think it's the rom?

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. The only other thing it could be is the digitizer and in that case you gonna have to contact the vendor for warranty.

battlemac

Reaction score
Really, because the issue doesn't occur with the default Froyo rom(can't say about updated GB rom), with everything working correctly.

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is a conflict with another app. You will have to figure out which one is the culprit.