Double letters with Physical Keyboard?

STX21

Reaction score
Hey all. Recently I've been experiencing double letters when typing with the physical keyboard.. started off at just repeating o's very rarely, now it's every letter pretty often.

Any one else having this problem?

Fresh330

Reaction score
Yup, I'm experiencing the same thing. i've had my Droid since it was released and I use the physical keyboard quite a bit. I'm thinking the keys losing it's reflex (for lack of a better term) therefore inputting the letter twice when pressed.

I've thought about going to VZ with the problem but I really don't want to deal with the VZ store on the weekends...

OP
S

STX21

Reaction score
Yup, I'm experiencing the same thing. i've had my Droid since it was released and I use the physical keyboard quite a bit. I'm thinking the keys losing it's reflex (for lack of a better term) therefore inputting the letter twice when pressed.

I've thought about going to VZ with the problem but I really don't want to deal with the VZ store on the weekends...

It's weird though.. at first every key was doing it, then it stopped doing it completely, then went back to just 'o' now its all of them again..

phreek

Reaction score
Hey all. Recently I've been experiencing double letters when typing with the physical keyboard.. started off at just repeating o's very rarely, now it's every letter pretty often.

Any one else having this problem?

Weird, I've only had this issue w/ the touch screen keyboard. I have to reboot to get it to stop...

OP
S

STX21

Reaction score
Bump.. help is much appreciated.

siberiankiss

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem, only mine is just the space key. So I end up with a bunch of periods everywhere in the middle of my sentences...

OP
S

STX21

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem, only mine is just the space key. So I end up with a bunch of periods everywhere in the middle of my sentences...

Mine is like that too. Only happens to a all of my keys, just some more than others. I'm gonna try and take it to VZW when I get home Sunday to see what they say. I'll update you guys when that happens, unless someone else knows a fix.

siberiankiss

Reaction score

Mine is like that too. Only happens to a all of my keys, just some more than others. I'm gonna try and take it to VZW when I get home Sunday to see what they say. I'll update you guys when that happens, unless someone else knows a fix.

Please let us know what you find out!

OP
S

STX21

Reaction score
So they just told me to call and get my replacement "refurbished" phone. No one at the store could figure out what was wrong :(

SnappDroid

Reaction score
double letters

I started noticing the double letters after the last update. I think that its a software issue, not a hardware issue. Its pretty annoying to say the least.. hope they address this soon.

OP
S

STX21

Reaction score
I started noticing the double letters after the last update. I think that its a software issue, not a hardware issue. Its pretty annoying to say the least.. hope they address this soon.

Never thought of it this way.. but now that I do it makes sense. When I installed my first 2.1 ROM I noticed it. Even with stock 2.1 I noticed it.. gonna try to go back to 2.0.1 stock and see if it's still there.

Fresh330

Reaction score
Hmmm... maybe it is a software issue. Regardless I finally got around to going the Verizon store. They didn't even bother to try and troubleshoot it. Instead they just said they'd send me a new phone. If that doesn't solve it then its got to be a software issue. Ill just have to us the virtual keyboard.