Double letters with Physical Keyboard?

gigeoxy

Reaction score
I solved this one for myself and posted a solution here:

Motorola Verizon Droid Physical Keyboard Repeating Letters Problems

Hope it helps others out!

I'm not having the same symptoms as the ones you describe, so this fix does not work for me. I just get the first letter of whatever field in duplicate. Most commonly in the search bar of the browser, so it definitely is software and not hardware related. Don't know what to do about it... Droid 1 (milestone canada) android 2.2.1 rooted..

Biats

Reaction score
clear out the keyboard data

I just solved this problem by clearing out the keyboard data.

Go to settings > applications > all > android keyboard

And select clear data.

A warning pops up that says it isgoing to delete all your stuff, but you wont even notice.

rasallie

Reaction score
Missing this too?

And select clear data.

A warning pops up that says it isgoing to delete all your stuff, but you wont even notice.

When I try to do this on my D2G I don't see "all" as an option... or android keyboard.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

And select clear data.

When I try to do this on my D2G I don't see "all" as an option... or android keyboard.

Maybe it was meant ... settings>applications>Language & keyboard

warped1987

Reaction score
I skipped to the end and not sure if anyone has suggested this yet but I had (have) the problem on both my original D2G and this refurbished one and here's how you fix it:

Download Gingerbread Keyboard in the Market

Ta-Da! Lol

For some reason just having it installed fixes the hard keyboards typing double letters when you type too fast.

I also downloaded Swift Key X keyboard from Amazon App Store when it was free the other day and as crappy as a keyboard as it was, it fixed the problem too. So just download a new keyboard and your problem is fixed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Aardvark3208

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my D3. Sometimes it is worse than others. Hard to believe that this is hardware related since it has just appeared all at once from so many users. Someone needs to get a handle on this soon. All these little bugs are ridiculous!