Don't have mine, but ...

ToddP0530

Reaction score
I stopped by a VZW kiosk at the local mall and the folks there were kind enough to get out a working droid unit and let me take it for a test spin. WOW! Viewing webpages is better than looking at one on my computer. The browser beats the crap out anything RIM has and then asks for more. The physical keyboard is much better than some of the reviews. I thought it'd be practically unusable. It's fine. The D-pad was another head scratcher since you can touch screen scroll through a page with the phone slider open. But the D-pad is nice and allows you page up and down, or tab from one tab to the next. Awesome. ... My biggest problem is deciding what cover to use. I bought the glove that doubles as a belt clip, too, but I'm thinking about getting something less bulky. We'll see tomorrow. This phone rocks, though. I think it is everything the best reviews said it was and it's so much more than the tempered ones said it wasn't. I didn't play with the camera, though, so that leaves something to be desired

J

JohnDroid

Todd,

Good review, glad to hear that the keyboard exceeds your expecatations. That's an area of worry for me as well.

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
It was for me as well ... my plan for the keyboard is to use it when I'm using the browser most of the time. My pet peeve with my storm was having half the screen taken up by the virtual keyboard. I typed two webpages without making any mistakes and my thumbs are "normal guy-sized" thumbs. However, when it comes to texting and email, I see myself using the landscape keyboard quite often, but we'll see.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was for me as well ... my plan for the keyboard is to use it when I'm using the browser most of the time. My pet peeve with my storm was having half the screen taken up by the virtual keyboard. I typed two webpages without making any mistakes and my thumbs are "normal guy-sized" thumbs. However, when it comes to texting and email, I see myself using the landscape keyboard quite often, but we'll see.

It sounds like a good plan to me! I have a feeling i'll be doing much of the same

TarzanMan

Reaction score
Take it from a G1 owner.... the hardware keyboard is nice.... but you don't want to type huge long messages on it unless absolutely necessary (unless you're a midget with kindergartner-sized hands)