Body Glove saves Droid in big-rig crash!

Zennmaster

Reaction score
Wow! Glad you're okay! I've got the same feelings about the BG that you do, but I suspect you're a little more... Ummm... Passionate about it than I am!

Seriously, I'm glad you were still able to be worried about your Droid!

Toushi

Reaction score
Were you by chance in Utah? If so what part? Because you said you were on your way to vegas. I actually live in St. George, but I didn't hear of any big crash like that.

J

Johnly

I am glad YOU are OK, I still prefer to rock my droid naked! I have dropped it twice on concrete, and yes, the screen is GLASS! But I am more for the every day comfort, vs catastrophe...that is why I pay 7 bucks a month! (insurance) So I don't have to wear a bulky, geeky case. Go bulk! for those that live in the other realm...

J

Johnly

What is geeky? A hershey bar naked or a hershey bar wrapped in polymers? Exactly!

OP
MrTommy

MrTommy

Reaction score
Not drunk, and not in Utah

For those who asked...

No, the guy wasn't drunk. Even the cops were amazed. He even walked up to me after I got out and told me how GLAD he was that I wasn't seriously injured. While he's shaking my hand, I had to ask him "Who are you?". He told me he was the guy who hit me. Said he just didn't see the stop sign, even though he comes home that way several times a week. I guess at 50-60 mph at night on a side street, the stop sign does come up pretty quickly - ha.

To the Droidian who asked if this was Utah - no, it was Sparks, NV (right next to Reno).

I just got done re-installing a face plate cover (a pain in the butt) and it almost looks like new from the front.

And yes, that bulky Body Glove is a pain when I'm carrying it around day to day. It's hard to 'slide' it into your pocket with all that rubber. But at the same time, it's harder to slide out of your pocket and fall into the toilet (which is where, I read, a lot of men's phones meet their demise - :)).

Most likely, when I retire in a couple years I'll swap out the cover (provided I still have this phone) for something a bit more, uh, stylish.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
You should seriously submit this story/pics to body glove, they could market the hell out of your story lol

Anomander

Reaction score
Incredible story. Glad to see all 3 (you, droid, and other driver) of you made it out of that accident. Looking at the damage to your rig, I can only imagine how bad it would have been for the other driver.

OP
MrTommy

MrTommy

Reaction score
Beat you to it!

You should seriously submit this story/pics to body glove, they could market the hell out of your story lol

Actually, I did just that! I'm curious to see if I hear back from them. I told them if they need a testimonial, here is it.

JimmyD

Reaction score
:icon_eek: Wow. Great story!

It's great to read that everyone involved were not injured in the collision.

I'm truly baffled by the fact that the other driver's Tundra was able to move your trailer enough to cause the whole rig to flip!?!?!

I have to agree with Ricocht77.... you really should send your story over to Body Glove! Maybe they'll send you a new case gratis! :)

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v

Actually, I did just that! I'm curious to see if I hear back from them. I told them if they need a testimonial, here is it.

Testimonial?? this should be a full blown commercial, enough force to flip over a big rig, the visible damage to the case(not to mention the rig lol) photographic evidence that the phone still works, that has to be an advertising executive's wet dream, you could have the greatest cell phone commercial EVER!! (move over Megan fox in a tub!) :icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz::heart: