Body Glove Case

jgminno

Reaction score
I am getting my droid in 2 days, I was looking to get the Body Glove case for it (I prefer a hip case pouch but I drop my phone a lot). I read in a few threads that the body glove case can scratch the phone. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thanks!
The body glove works well, just b carefull......

magdream

Reaction score
what body glove, or anybody for that matter, needs to do is make a car mount thingy that you'd swap with the belt clip whenever you'd want to mount the phone in the car. it wouldn't necessarily be a complete car mount kit (though that'd be fine too) but something that could work with existing car mounts. the droid wouldn't automatically go to car mode but so what?

Butterscotch

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get this thing off? I don't even know if it's one or two pieces and the damn thing is on there tight.

Thanks

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I had to use a small screwdriver to get mine off. If your very care full you wont scratch your Droid. I read somewhere that you can file down some of the clips and it will be a lot easier to get off. One day I will get around to trying it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously.... If one can't figure out how to remove a case how do they figure out how to use the phone/OS??:icon_ devil:

But for those that need help::icon_ banana:
[video=youtube;tbVzmcjUKrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbVzmcjUKrs"]YouTube - How to safely put and take off a BodyGlove case on a Droid phone[/video]

rusray

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie to you: The first time I tried to put this dang case on, it nearly snapped my droid in half near the micro USB port. I was very unhappy. The second time I tried, same result. The third time I wizened up and got it on the way you how in the video.

I HATE this case due to how tightly it fits. It really bothers me. I haven't taken it off yet because I'm terrified to. I haven't gotten to watch/listen the video yet because the girlfriend is trying to sleep a few feet away from me, but I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for posting it!

TJM

Reaction score
Thanks, KZIWarrior. I have the body glove as well, and really like it. If I need to take the case off one day, I will remember your video (thanks for making it) - you bring up a few good points to consider (believe it or not) when doing what seems so simple. :)

Nick177th

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love the case for the very reason that most hate it. I like that it fits so snug. I don't take mine off the same way the guy does in the video but, no problems putting it on and taking it off. It does take a little getting used to but, after you figure it out, no problems.

Booch_21

Reaction score
I also love the case for its feel and protection. I have no intentions of taking it off on any regular basis. I don't think it was really meant for continual on and off anyway.

toastedoats

Reaction score
The snug, tight fit might be the best feature of the Body Glove case and sets it above most if not all of the competition. It might be bulky but I feel it does its job and does it well.

I dont find it at all difficult to take off, just takes a bit of technique.

hinky

Reaction score
Works well here. Someone says it causes a lot of camera flash reflection, I don't know. but the bottom line is that the phone is very well padded, safe, and the case won't come off. Very rare you should ever need to take off the case.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, KZIWarrior. I have the body glove as well, and really like it. If I need to take the case off one day, I will remember your video (thanks for making it) - you bring up a few good points to consider (believe it or not) when doing what seems so simple. :)

Thanks but I didn't make it. Just came across it when I first got the phone. I was debating on cases and heard some people gripe about the fit and found that so i saved it for reference (figured someone would need it :wink:). I ended up with the Seidio case though because I didn't like the screen facing 'out' when it was in the BG case.

greyghost04

Reaction score
I love this case. I would like to be naked, but it's just too slippery.

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Thanks KZIWarrior

I had a real difficult time with removing the Body Glove and experienced just exactly what he describes will occur on the left side at the micro usb port.

Ended up with the Droid surviving but darn near split it open and damaged it.

Thanks, next time I take it off I'll use your method of putting the force on the back of the Body Glove with the thumb.

Appreciate it.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Seriously.... If one can't figure out how to remove a case how do they figure out how to use the phone/OS??

I know, right? I suppose if it was nice and easy to get off, then we'd have "how do you keep the BG case from slipping off?" threads.

-Mike