Does rubix remove internet throttling?

droidxchat

Reaction score
I asked this question before but I dont think I posted it wright when you remove the throttle settings what else does it affect If mobile networks crashes wil I still be able to get other networks like when Im in another state and verizon is using someone elses tower can I get them back or would I have to reload the rom just wondering what affects it will have

Before removing throttle, it is best to go into the mobile networks menu and make sure that "data roaming" is enabled, but I think it is by default.

Also... you can get an app called "Phone Info" by SC@Taiwan. Basically, its just an app that takes you to the phone's "secret menu" without you having to punch in the code (i forget what the code is, ##somethingsomething##). I think that menu might have some of the stuff that the mobile networks menu offers.

If you're on liberty, you don't need the app, its already built into the rom in liberty settings.

wooddale

Reaction score
I asked this question before but I dont think I posted it wright when you remove the throttle settings what else does it affect If mobile networks crashes wil I still be able to get other networks like when Im in another state and verizon is using someone elses tower can I get them back or would I have to reload the rom just wondering what affects it will have

Before removing throttle, it is best to go into the mobile networks menu and make sure that "data roaming" is enabled, but I think it is by default.

Also... you can get an app called "Phone Info" by SC@Taiwan. Basically, its just an app that takes you to the phone's "secret menu" without you having to punch in the code (i forget what the code is, ##somethingsomething##). I think that menu might have some of the stuff that the mobile networks menu offers.

If you're on liberty, you don't need the app, its already built into the rom in liberty settings.
Thanks they were ckd before I did it I have 2 phones running rubix on one Liberty on the other. Do you think it really works are any one of the speed apps better than the other seems like there all over the road hard to get 3 readings anywhere close to each other

droidxchat

Reaction score
i dont know if it works... ive heard different things... most people say that verizon only throttles you if you hit a certain data usage for the month, but most people will never come close. but if that's true, then why should your download/upload speeds increase? i honestly dont know

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
For me, I was running some other ROM (either Tranq or DarkSlide) towards the end of my billing cycle. At that point I was above 10GB of data usage. I did not have a throttle cap installed. I tether for my internet use at home on my laptop. I was not getting good data at all. I switched to Liberty to which I had the cap installed and problem solved. No data issues at all. So with this recent experience. I would say that the data throttle cap is legit.