Rubix Throttling Removal

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm not understanding it well, but, what exactly does data throttling removal do/achieve?
I wanna try it but I don't know what it does, haha.

1tonyj

Reaction score
Verizon does not data throtting so it will not effect you speed.

I downloaded the .jar file off XDA, in the Droid X forum, and this increased my download speeds from 400 to 1500, and upload from 300 to 800. I ran 10 tests each, both before and after, from the same spot, only 5-10 mins apart. For me, this works 100%.

If I was you, I would try it first. .02

edit: Just for kicks, I reverted back and the speeds went down. Re-installed and they went back up.

Last edited:

ChuckTu

Reaction score
I've been using this myself over both Rubix themed and Rubix + Black Juice Blue. (I have a zip for that, but it's not in the list if people want it I can upload it.) So far, no issues at all. Seems nice and stable.

Can you post the version of this for Black Juice Blue? I am running that theme and am interested in doing this.

OP
C

c1pher

Reaction score
Could you post the back juice blue file? Unless you did and I missed it.

To undo couldn't you just flash the theme with out your mod?

Are there any negative effects other than that FC?

Add to the OP. Enjoy!

I can't decide if it's true or not. I have access to a second Droid X, same ROM, and I'm still seeing a marked difference in congested areas. Why this is, I'm not sure. It's possible it's just dumb luck, but I don't know.

I've been using this myself over both Rubix themed and Rubix + Black Juice Blue. (I have a zip for that, but it's not in the list if people want it I can upload it.) So far, no issues at all. Seems nice and stable.

Can you post the version of this for Black Juice Blue? I am running that theme and am interested in doing this.

See above.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Im gonna test this out! Ill report back in a bit. I live in a fairly congested city (Albany, NY) so Ill let ya know if it has any impact at all.

FYI * The version for Black Juice Blue will work over any of my themes (they share the same services.jar)

ALSO * If you want to uninstall, just re-install one of my themes (it will replace the services.jar)

Last edited:
OP
C

c1pher

Reaction score
Im gonna test this out! Ill report back in a bit. I live in a fairly congested city (Albany, NY) so Ill let ya know if it has any impact at all.

FYI * The version for Black Juice Blue will work over any of my themes (they share the same services.jar)

Good to know. Will change OP.

And I'm originally from Albany *waves*

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

*waves back* It still sucks here lol

dr0id99

Reaction score

I downloaded the .jar file off XDA, in the Droid X forum, and this increased my download speeds from 400 to 1500, and upload from 300 to 800. I ran 10 tests each, both before and after, from the same spot, only 5-10 mins apart. For me, this works 100%.

edit: Just for kicks, I reverted back and the speeds went down. Re-installed and they went back up.

I'm getting similar results using speedtest from the market

jgmarz

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the dialer that allows you to search by answering the first few letters of the contacts name. I'd like to install it on rubik's 195

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

gts012

Reaction score

I'm working up here in Albany at CNSE...nice to see some local Android faithful

ChuckTu

Reaction score

Android representing in Schenectady...sucks here too...haven't seen a very big difference since applying this...still around the same numbers as before...

1tonyj

Reaction score

I'm also in Denver if anyone is comparing small -vs- medium -vs- large markets.

oo3

Reaction score
Here are my results:

Before:
snap20110104_201419.png

After:
snap20110104_204243.png

It looked like it worked at first, but then started slowing way down again. I'll try it again later to see if anything has changed.

I installed the bluejuice one.

armyjeffries

Reaction score
If I patch this and then use Ninjamorph to reset my noti bar icons, will that negate this patch by "theming" it? I feel like it should work, because NM only replaces frameworkres, right?