Does rubix remove internet throttling?

XDRDX

Reaction score
You can do it manually using the java jdk, smali, baksmali and 7zip or winrar.

You will also need to extract services.jar from your phone.

Use your archiver, 7zip or winrar, to extract classes.dex from services.jar

Then use the java command with smali and remove the files with the word throttle in them then recompile with baksmali.

I may have the order of the smali and baksmali backwords can't remember off the top of my head.

Google it its out there.

Then stick your recompiled classes.dex back into services.jar.

Push it to your phone and no more throttling.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rcglider

Reaction score
how can you test to see if the connection is throttled?

Also, the link to XDA for the file appears to be for an EVO???

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Easy test on rubix is to go to settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks

If that menu crashes you back out to the previous menu, then it's installed.

You can also use speed test off the market to check your download and upload speeds.

Reaction score

Easy test on rubix is to go to settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks

You can also use speed test off the market to check your download and upload speeds.

I installed your zip through CW....
but my menu doesn't crash...but my speed tests are faster?
any ideas? did I not install the zip right?

XDRDX

Reaction score
I agree, I actually did the mod myself removing the 7 throttleservice files and then repackaged and made the update.zip. I have verified the files are removed and my mobile networks does not crash either. I am running rubix blurry at the moment.

teh_g

Reaction score
I am glad that this is not included in rubiX, as I would never install it if it did.

Now, as for the mobile networks window not crashing, it might be that the mod was updated to keep that from happening. I am no professional though.

thistle

Reaction score

If you scroll down in that post it lists the manual method of removing the throttle files.

When you select mobile networks the screen should flash quickly like it's bringing up the menu but it returns to the same menu from which you just selected.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I installed your zip through CW....
but my menu doesn't crash...but my speed tests are faster?
any ideas? did I not install the zip right?

I agree, I actually did the mod myself removing the 7 throttleservice files and then repackaged and made the update.zip. I have verified the files are removed and my mobile networks does not crash either. I am running rubix blurry at the moment.

If your on a blurry rom, the menu will not crash. Doesn't for Apex either. I guess its a different menu for blur and non-blur.

If you look at it from an aosp rom or blur rom, they look different.

wooddale

Reaction score
I down loaded like it said to do and it returns to previous settings like it says so I assume it worked question is I have the speed app what #s should I be looking for there all over the road as they were before but they do seem toi be higher Thanks

droidxchat

Reaction score
as a quick note, i decided to test whether the mobile networks menu is dependent on the existence of the files or the code within.

I removed all code except for the headers from the 7 throttleservices smalis within classes.dex, and left the files there, then repacked (headers must be there or you will not be able to repack). pushed it back onto the phone. mobile networks menu still crashes, suggesting its dependent on code within the files.

wooddale

Reaction score
So that means that it works or does it mean that it just crashes the whole net work

wooddale

Reaction score
I asked this question before but I dont think I posted it wright when you remove the throttle settings what else does it affect If mobile networks crashes wil I still be able to get other networks like when Im in another state and verizon is using someone elses tower can I get them back or would I have to reload the rom just wondering what affects it will have