Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
UPDATE: i reinstalled it and suddenly its working!! wow i luv it!! wicked sweet

coondogg97

Reaction score
This app looks nice and clean, I just have 2 questions:

1. Am I able to drag and drop a file from my remote PC to my Droid?
  2. Does this app support audio from the remote PC?
If this app does those two things I will buy it right now. If not, it is still a great app and I'm sure the dev team will work on it.

Thanks!

Reaction score

If this app does those two things I will buy it right now. If not, it is still a great app and I'm sure the dev team will work on it.

Thanks!

No. And no. :-(

Sound is in the "upcoming features" list, so that will come.

About dragging and dropping; we've been considering several possibilities for file sharing between the device and the PC. Just like the sound issue, this must be carefully done so we don't over-use our bandwidth. I would say we'll have something out before long, but I can't be certain what it will look like just yet.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

coondogg97

Reaction score

Thanks!

No. And no. :-(

Sound is in the "upcoming features" list, so that will come.

About dragging and dropping; we've been considering several possibilities for file sharing between the device and the PC. Just like the sound issue, this must be carefully done so we don't over-use our bandwidth. I would say we'll have something out before long, but I can't be certain what it will look like just yet.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

Wow, thanks for such a fast reply. I will be sure to keep checking in, as soon as sound is available I am in! Thanks again for supporting your product.

badass3000

Reaction score
About dragging and dropping; we've been considering several possibilities for file sharing between the device and the PC... this must be carefully done so we don't over-use our bandwidth. I would say we'll have something out before long, but I can't be certain what it will look like just yet.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
maybe, when a file is to be moved from home PC to Droid, have the PC send it to your G-mail, then your phone gets a notification, download from G-mail to phone. That should not use any of your bandwidth, right?

hurry with the sound.:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
maybe, when a file is to be moved from home PC to Droid, have the PC send it to your G-mail, then your phone gets a notification, download from G-mail to phone. That should not use any of your bandwidth, right?

Yes, that is right. We'll keep that as an alternative if we can't devise a more seamless method :)

SoftwareForMe.com

Thurston

Reaction score
I think this sounds like a great program, but isn't anyone concerned with security? I'd be worried about passwords, banking info, etc being passed through their servers.

Reaction score
I think this sounds like a great program, but isn't anyone concerned with security? I'd be worried about passwords, banking info, etc being passed through their servers.

You raise a very good point. Security is a very important issue for us.

PhoneMyPC normally uses SSL over port 443 to secure your traffic; this encryption is temporarily disabled but will be back very soon.

Our software does it's best job to form a connection directly from your phone to your PC. Failing that, our servers form a hub through which your data passes.

The software on our servers has been designed to minimize the in-computer path of that data. It is picked up from the network card when coming from one of your devices, and dropped right back onto the network card headed for your other device. We do not inspect, cache or store any of the data.

At the same time that we release the much-anticipated remote login feature, we will be re-instating SSL for all communication.

What's more, we have been playing with an "end-to-end" SSL solution whereby your phone is the SSL client and your PC is the server, and our servers only ferry encrypted data that they cannot possibly decrypt. This will provide the best level of security possible.

We will publish a Security White Paper on our website in the near future describing the strengths and weaknesses of our software.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

H

harpjames35

When do you expect to have the audio update rolled out? Will it stream video from my computers screen as well? If so...would it be choppy? What would the fps be?

nikolatesla20

Reaction score
All I can say is that this program is very nice. I use it all the time now, mainly I like to log into my home machine from work and start torrent TV show downloads.... :)

I also like to use it as a remote control for my TV since my computer is hooked up to my TV. So I don't have to get off the couch anymore. I can just login to the computer and control the mouse/keyboard and open up a video to watch, move to the next video, etc. It's perfect.

-niko

Reaction score
When do you expect to have the audio update rolled out? Will it stream video from my computers screen as well? If so...would it be choppy? What would the fps be?

Audio is in the queue in this order:
* Bugs
* Keyboard fixes and special keys
* Remote Login
* Audio

As for streaming video, it will depend upon what your connection is like. We do not plan to make PhoneMyPC a general video solution, which would be optimized for the sort of imaging data inherent in video. Rather, PhoneMyPC is, and will continue to be, a PC Remote application. Using it as such, frame-rates for video range anyplace from Poor (on 3G with a slow internet connection on the PC, perhaps 4-5 fps) to great (on WIFI, maybe 24 fps).

However, once the PhoneMyPC team is done with this product (once it has no serious outstanding bugs and all critical features are complete), perhaps we will dedicate some resources to a good video solution. It is very much requested.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

mchoffa

Reaction score
now i really can't wait to build my media center pc! droid remote!

is this using vnc or something similar? is it windows only or does it work on a mac too? I really haven't looked into it since I don't own a PC and the name implies PC only.

H

harpjames35

Sounds good. I am looking for a solution to view my nfl game broadcasts on my phone. Doesn't sound like this will get it done...but I will definately keep an eye on you guys in the future to see if you come up with anything. Thanks.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Okay, the quick replies to questions by the developer have cinched the deal for me. I'm heading over there now to buy the app.