phonemypc down?

Lallo

Reaction score
When I left home for work this morning, I made sure my phonemypc desktop client was running and connecting. However, I am now at work and it is claiming no hosts are available. Is anyone else getting this error and is there any way to solve it remotely?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i dont have mine online or i would test it for you, sorry... I am mad at those developers tho, i mean their product is nice... it works decently well for what its got, but its been in Beta for so long, and we STILL have not seen an SSL secure connection added. I dont use it much because i fear the security...

come on SoftwareForMe.. you got it, update it! Keep movin on!

OP
L

Lallo

Reaction score
i dont have mine online or i would test it for you, sorry... I am mad at those developers tho, i mean their product is nice... it works decently well for what its got, but its been in Beta for so long, and we STILL have not seen an SSL secure connection added. I dont use it much because i fear the security...

come on SoftwareForMe.. you got it, update it! Keep movin on!

I absolutely love this app. There have been only a few occasions where this kind of thing has happened, but I probably use this app more than any other.

Reaction score
Hi,

@Lallo, please try again now. I just scanned the server farm and one box was suffering a race; if your PC happened to be connected to it, it could have been unresponsive.

About the Beta... I would love to go into detail about all the delays, but it would take pages and pages to explain it all. We are working hard and fast and rapidly approaching the next release, which will be the last (barring bug fixes) in the Beta program.

This has been the hardest build, but it's worth the wait. Security and stability are much better, login and unlock are well supported, and much more.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

@Lallo, please try again now. I just scanned the server farm and one box was suffering a race; if your PC happened to be connected to it, it could have been unresponsive.

About the Beta... I would love to go into detail about all the delays, but it would take pages and pages to explain it all. We are working hard and fast and rapidly approaching the next release, which will be the last (barring bug fixes) in the Beta program.

This has been the hardest build, but it's worth the wait. Security and stability are much better, login and unlock are well supported, and much more.

By the way, i am not busting you... I know it takes time to do big projects myself. I guess I am just VERY anxious to get a SSL and maybe more functions. Just had to put that out there... I don't mean to be *****y, and if i am it's not AT you.

I absolutly LOVE this program because i watch a lot of Internet TV on my projector at home, and PhoneMyPC turns my Droid into a remote control for my laptop! I dont have to get up!

Keep it up is all im saying! Enjoy.

Reaction score
By the way, i am not busting you... I know it takes time to do big projects myself. I guess I am just VERY anxious to get a SSL and maybe more functions. Just had to put that out there... I don't mean to be *****y, and if i am it's not AT you.

I absolutly LOVE this program because i watch a lot of Internet TV on my projector at home, and PhoneMyPC turns my Droid into a remote control for my laptop! I dont have to get up!

We understand completely.

Nobody is more anxious to get the next build out and move on to more cool features than us! However, it's probably not quite as frustrating for us, because see the day-by-day progress, you don't.

Soon!

OP
L

Lallo

Reaction score
Hi,

Still nothing. The client on my pc may need to be restarted. For some reason my Internet will randomly kick everything off it for a split second, and sometimes things just don't reconnect. But that is a whole other issue. Thank you for responding so quickly, and on an external forum, too.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ahh my internet would shut off randomly at home all the time. Sometimes I'd have to go unplug and replug the router.. got so annoying i bought a new top-of-the-line router and now ive been connected all the time with NO drops...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

We understand completely.

Nobody is more anxious to get the next build out and move on to more cool features than us! However, it's probably not quite as frustrating for us, because see the day-by-day progress, you don't.

Soon!

By the way, on a side note, just want to say even tho i am incredibly inpatient about the updates, i must say you have the best customer service I have ever seen... you are great on the forums, answer all my emails fast, and you even helped me out on Google talk... just saying thanks! (and sorry i yelled, hah)