PhonemyPC troubles

poooookah78

Reaction score
Hi all...

I just bought phonemypc and I've been loving it. One thing I've noticed is when I connect to it the first time the program is running on my computer, I can have full functionality of my PC. When I disconnect from the PC and try to reconnect, I can no longer control the PC. I can SEE the desktop but can't do anything (not even open the start button).

Does anyone have the same bad luck with this? If so, let me know what you're doing. If not let me know what kinds of workarounds there may be (if any).

THANKS!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you're in "Interact Live" mode whenever you reconnect?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that sucks.....I know I had a problem where it disconnected me from the computer and I couldn't figure out why....and finally the next time I restarted my PC, Windows popped up and said there was a couple programs it blocked from accessing the system! And sure enough PhoneMyPC was the first one....so maybe its because something like that?? I'm really not sure

Reaction score
Hi poooookah78,

Let me get this straight.

1) You connect using Interact Live, and everything works
2) You disconnect
3) Later, you connect using Interact Live, and the PC is completely unresponsive?

Is it possible that the screen saver has come on and the PC has become locked? PhoneMyPC cannot unlock a PC yet, but we're working on that now and hope to release it soon. But, the effect is often exactly what you describe: you will see a static image of what was last on the screen, but be unable to do anything.

If this might be the problem, you can go to your Screen Saver settings and un-check the box that says "Require a password on Resume" or something similar. This is the only work-around available at this time.

Feel free to email us, or you can just post back here--I'm watching :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow poooookah!! Now you got the developer here to help ya!! Thats some good luck if you ask me..lol

But I'm just gonna say to SoftwareForMe.com, that I love your app!! Thank you very much for this awesome program.....it is probably the most neatest and advanced app that I could whip out and show someone..lol...and also extremely useful managing my PC when I'm not home....if I have an essay due at school or something and I forget to save it to a flash drive, I can just get on PhoneMyPC and email it to myself, and then print it out from school......truly a VERY handy tool to have...

meekless

Reaction score
i had issues as well and emailed the company. rec an email back saying they are having issues with the server farm they are using, but when the beta is officially over, they will be sending data to different sections of the country to handle bandwidth. or some crazy thing like that.

so for now, it has something to do with their servers handing the data transfer and not the program or your phone!

Reaction score
Thanks Nate. We love it too--that's why we wrote it! We all use it while at dinner to do support, grab files, and a couple of us use it to give "any time, any where" support to not-so-savvy family members.

My largest frustration is that it doesn't have a direct file-copy mechanism yet, so as you say, you must use email. But, enough customers agree with me on that one that this feature is only about 3rd in our list now, so soooooon!

Reaction score
i had issues as well and emailed the company. rec an email back saying they are having issues with the server farm they are using, but when the beta is officially over, they will be sending data to different sections of the country to handle bandwidth. or some crazy thing like that.

so for now, it has something to do with their servers handing the data transfer and not the program or your phone!

Hi,

Yes, our servers were offline. During the Beta program, we lease a collection of servers from a very good company in Vancouver BC. It seems last night there was a fiber damaged that caused a wide scale outage, including our hosting company.

They are back online now, but since we didn't know how long it would take, we brought some servers up here in the states to get away from the blackout zone.

We will eventually have servers scattered around the world so a regional outage cannot interfere with our service. Last night's unfortunate blackout was simply because we haven't gotten to that point yet.

CrossBoX

Reaction score
I was Having Problems also i would be able to use it then i would close the program and try to use it again it wouldnt show up on my phone, i would reboot my computer then look on my phone and it would be there meaning my pc on the phone. I am running sholes maybe just a bug

Reaction score
Hi CrossBox,

This sounds like a bug, but not one on the phone; rather, something on the PC.

When you would re-run the software and not see your PC, did the phone show you a brief message that says "No Hosts Available?"

CrossBoX

Reaction score
Yeah the phone said no hosts, so i rebooted the computer and then when i ran the software on the phone again it was there, as of now it seems to be there and working good ..

and by the way great app!!!!!

Reaction score
Yeah the phone said no hosts, so i rebooted the computer and then when i ran the software on the phone again it was there, as of now it seems to be there and working good ..

and by the way great app!!!!!

Thanks!

A couple things:

1) Rebooting
If this happens again, you won't need to re-boot your PC. Stopping and re-starting the app would be enough, or probably even opening the program window and pressing Ok, which will cause it to re-connect.

2) If this happens again, would you do two things?
a) Wait 1 full minute, then try again and see if the PC is there.
b) If it's still not there, double-click the PhoneMyPC icon in your system tray and tell us what it says in the title bar.

This will help us diagnose the issue and effect a fix.

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Hi poooookah78,

Let me get this straight.

1) You connect using Interact Live, and everything works
2) You disconnect
3) Later, you connect using Interact Live, and the PC is completely unresponsive?

Is it possible that the screen saver has come on and the PC has become locked? PhoneMyPC cannot unlock a PC yet, but we're working on that now and hope to release it soon. But, the effect is often exactly what you describe: you will see a static image of what was last on the screen, but be unable to do anything.

If this might be the problem, you can go to your Screen Saver settings and un-check the box that says "Require a password on Resume" or something similar. This is the only work-around available at this time.

Feel free to email us, or you can just post back here--I'm watching :)

Hey, sorry for the lack of response.

Here's what happens: I log in, use the function and live interactive feature and have no trouble at all. Then I'll log off and log back on and I'll see the active screen but can do nothing with the computer itself.

I've checked the following:

Yes, I'm using the interactive mode.
Yes, the computer is logged onto the internet.
Yes, I have no screen saver on.

Everything else seems to be fine. Then I'll close the program on my computer and reopen it and it works just fine.

Now, sometimes this doesn't happen, sometimes I can log in and out over and over again, but I've repeated this at least 5 times.

Just giving you the info. This forum is awesome because devs are on here and people are so helpful!