Does phonemypc just not work?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry folks, for not being more timely. We've been "heads down" getting an update out.

On May 3 we released an auto-update for the PCs. If it has not downloaded for you, you can uninstall and do it manually; it will only auto-update if the currently installed version is 2.0.2.2. The new version is 2.0.2.4.

This release is by far the most stable and reliable to date. The PC app has a health monitor built in and we have not yet found a situation where the thing loses connectivity.

Today, we released the Android update, 2.0.2.8, and it too is vastly better than before, including the first addition of audio, toolbars and much, much more.

As for using other ports, the port isn't going to matter if you do not have access to the firewall. PhoneMyPC connects "out" to our servers using port 443, and it should work for all but the most secure networks. I have personally only ever seen one corporate network that blocked all outgoing traffic.

Get the new PC client here:
Quick Start « SoftwareForMe.com

Check out the update list for the new build here:
Beta News « SoftwareForMe.com

SoftwareForMe.com - I think you should start an official thread on the new version of PhoneMyPC. I woke up this morning and downloaded it and it is quite a joy. Amazing user interface redesign, much more tools and functions. I dont quite understand how to get audio to work (tried a few things with no luck, even read thru your website, i dont get a popup asking what audio device to listen to) but that is much less important to me than the UI enhancements and easy customization. Amazing work.

Thank you for the ongoing support. Most useful app to me.

tennvol

Reaction score
Why just use a vnc that's free?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
PhoneMyPC is only 10 bucks, which isnt to bad for a workin man, and it has a georgous user interface and an amazing amount of tools to use. I like it because it is secure, easy to set up, and has so many buttons and customizable options. (and sound, which I cant get to work ATM)

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC

PhoneMyPC is now $14.99. Still 1/2 of the leading competitor.

The best reasons to use PhoneMyPC over VNC are:
* It's faster
* It's hosted, so you don't have to configure your network (but can if you want to)
* It has more features
* It's constantly under development by people who respond to user feedback eagerly

So, having used all popular remote apps, I would say PhoneMyPC is best if you use it a lot. If you just need to check your P2P app or something, vnc might suite you well.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Or Splashtop?
$4.99 WiFi or 3G/4G with full audio and video.

It's not hosted, which I consider a plus. I do not depend on a third party for access.
If my PC is on I have access to the computer via my phone.
Took all of ten minutes to set up my router to accept the connection from the phone.

rebaf

Reaction score
Didn't read all this, use your program really like it....thank you for your work. :)

From phone.