Does anyone sell an extended battery yet?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does the origin date of the thread matter? Discussion was taking place in April of this year.

harunjo

Reaction score
If you're willing to wear a battery bandolero, Amazon is selling the OEM Droid batteries for a bit over 5 bucks.

i am only interested the slim battery but with extended capacity...btw...i cannot buy at amazon..that site ..blocked my country indonesia...

and i also looking seidio alternative here..but fyi guys as far i know... at hongkong momax battery is quite popular..but beware there is also fake momax battery there....my suggestion is buy the battery only at momax official site

Last edited:

tmaas77572

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for a little over a month now, and I gotta say, I'm not impressed with my battery at all. I've disabled everything that can be disabled, run a task/app killer frequently, and actually disabled my gmail account and only sync to my exchange server at work every 18 minutes. I don't use bluetooth, and I don't use facebook either.

My battery has been replaced twice by Verizon, and I'm thinking it's the phone. I get about an hour of talk time for every 8 hours charged. com.android.email still chews up considerable amounts of battery life when I'm not even using it. Gonna try to get Verizon to switch the phone.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
You guys realize how old this thread is? lol

Replying to a post made the day after droid was released lmao

People freak out if you start threads of something already made and also they freak out if you post a reply on an old thread. I don't get it. Replying this thread was no different than starting a new topic except it saved 1 more topic from being posted on the boards. You guys are never happy with posters.

I've had my Droid for a little over a month now, and I gotta say, I'm not impressed with my battery at all. I've disabled everything that can be disabled, run a task/app killer frequently, and actually disabled my gmail account and only sync to my exchange server at work every 18 minutes. I don't use bluetooth, and I don't use facebook either.

My battery has been replaced twice by Verizon, and I'm thinking it's the phone. I get about an hour of talk time for every 8 hours charged. com.android.email still chews up considerable amounts of battery life when I'm not even using it. Gonna try to get Verizon to switch the phone.

Wow, there has got to be something wrong with your phone. It doesn't even sound like you use it and it's dying. My phone will last all day with moderate use and still be around 50% by the end of the night. Will Verizon not replace your phone?

harunjo

Reaction score
If you're willing to wear a battery bandolero, Amazon is selling the OEM Droid batteries for a bit over 5 bucks.

i am only interested the slim battery but with extended capacity...btw...i cannot buy at amazon..that site ..blocked my country indonesia...

and i also looking seidio alternative here..but fyi guys as far i know... at hongkong momax battery is quite popular..but beware there is also fake momax battery there....my suggestion is buy the battery only at momax official site

My momax battrey has arrived dancedroid

so far all battery function is ok..

no problem with charge..

will post for battrey performance next 1 to 2 weeks later

delivery time from hongkong to indonesia is quite fast it takes about only 7 days

[A] Posting/Collection 31-05-2010 HK 09122008 [C] Departure from outward office of exchange 01-06-2010 HK 09122008 [D] Arrival at inward office of exchange 03-06-2010 HK Ipos [F] Departure from inward office of exchange to 12000 Adpis = 000118 03-06-2010 Spp Jakarta 10900
[H] Attempted to deliver 04-06-2010 Jakarta Selatan 12000 Ipos [G] Arrival at delivery office 04-06-2010 Spp Jakarta 10900 Ipos

qstb1z.jpg

o0cpx.jpg

21cb3fb.jpg

14ta4oi.jpg

2hx23v8.jpg

iglo21.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
1250 mah is... considerably less than the stock battery. I anticipate you will be very disappointed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

harunjo

Reaction score
1250 mah is... considerably less than the stock battery. I anticipate you will be very disappointed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yes i know the standard droid/milestone battery is 1450 mAh

based on story from below forum
Momax battery ~~~! - xda-developers

this momax have 30% better than standard battery.. so i hope this battery will be good too..

if not then just make it as my backup battery..no problem..this will better than a tumor 2500 mAh battery from seidio :)

zero7404

Reaction score
forgive that i haven't taken the time to read thru all these pages. but Seidio seems to be coming out with extended batteries for lots of droids ... but they haven't made any progress on the slim extended for the motorola droid .... is there anybody that offers such a battery ?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys realize how old this thread is? lol

Replying to a post made the day after droid was released lmao

This is probably the same thead that I found when I was doing a search for "Droid extended battery" back in November. Having found this site from that, I joined. Good times, good times.

forgive that i haven't taken the time to read thru all these pages. but Seidio seems to be coming out with extended batteries for lots of droids ... but they haven't made any progress on the slim extended for the motorola droid .... is there anybody that offers such a battery ?

No, there are no slim extended batteries for the Droid. At this point you can either get several OEM batteries (or the Momax) or go with the 2600mV (or 2800mV) batteries from Seidio. The ones from Seidio are about twice the thickness, however.

dbuglio

Reaction score
Interesting in the momax 1250mah "extended" battery. Would love a follow up with peoples experiences with it. Hesitant to purchase a battery that is a lower mah then stock. $20 usd isn't terrible if I could get a 20-30% increase in batt life. Please follow up!

Also browsing momax'es site, is the correct battery for a Moto Droid the Mobile Phone X-Level Battery for Motorola Milestone?

harunjo

Reaction score
Interesting in the momax 1250mah "extended" battery. Would love a follow up with peoples experiences with it. Hesitant to purchase a battery that is a lower mah then stock. $20 usd isn't terrible if I could get a 20-30% increase in batt life. Please follow up!

Also browsing momax'es site, is the correct battery for a Moto Droid the Mobile Phone X-Level Battery for Motorola Milestone?

yes thats it...

my early review for momax battery here...i think the momax battery performance is like stock battery so far..but i will give the battery another change for next 1 week.

if it still perform like stock battery..well i will still use it as my primary battery and keep my stock battery for future use.

harunjo

Reaction score
My momax battery review here

after train the battery for about 10 days..

i think this momax battery performance 30% more than my standard battery.

i am using always 2G network for whole work day..

using wifi couple minutes..use gps foursquare about 5 minutes ...and always direct push activesync all day..

and i am also using IM native with yahoo messenger connected for whole day too.

2my4tic.jpg

5126mh.jpg

dr78tt.jpg

TomXP411

Reaction score
Most of the time it's stated to prolong the life of these types of batteries you should run them down all the way and then charge them, above it's stated to charge them as much as possible, is this true? then i'm happy cuz I charge my Droid as often as possible.. thanks

Oh my God, no... With LiPo batteries, you want to keep them topped off for them to last the longest. If you constantly discharge them all the way, you'll wear the battery out almost twice as fast.