Does anyone sell an extended battery yet?

srothkin

Reaction score
I play music (to headphones) easily 8 to 10 hours in one day. That plus a couple of hours of light web browsing (NY Times) reading email and incoming texts, looking at my calendar. I leave GPS, BlueTooth and 3G all enabled, but WiFi is disabled. I do have the display brightness turned all the way down to 0.

Even after 15 hours off the charger I've never seen it go below 30% before putting it back on the charger before going to bed.

windstrings

Reaction score
I play music (to headphones) easily 8 to 10 hours in one day. That plus a couple of hours of light web browsing (NY Times) reading email and incoming texts, looking at my calendar. I leave GPS, BlueTooth and 3G all enabled, but WiFi is disabled. I do have the display brightness turned all the way down to 0.

Even after 15 hours off the charger I've never seen it go below 30% before putting it back on the charger before going to bed.

Yep display brightness on that big screen does eat power.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Read this and nobody suggested a place for a battery...oh well...

My suggestion (other than waiting for an extended battery) is to get a car dock if you intend to use gps at all. GPS uses a ton of power, and its horrible to hold that thing while your trying to drive...

So save yourself alot of battery life and trouble by getting the car dock and a car charger if you don't have one. It works great as long as you don't have a bulky case on the phone.

I actually enjoy docking my phone in the car. Dock it. Charge it. Play with it. I have it mounted on my car window so i can easily see the gps while I drive.

But I still want an extended battery. But I'm not going to get one that sticks out of the phone. it HAS to fit in the original area the stock battery is because otherwise it will be bigger and won't fit in my docks either.

suzuki98

Reaction score
I had something weird happen today.....I charged my battery yesterday and this morning was at 80%. Went to work checked email, still at 80%. Talked to my wife for about 5 min. then it said 5%. I was thinking how the hell can I lose 75% in a matter of a few minutes. I charged to 100% and now it's 7 hrs later and at 80%. Very weird I hope I dont see it do that again!

How are you determining the percentage?
Is it an app you downloaded or are you looking at the phone itself?

I purchased an app called "battery widget" as although I liked it, I soon figured out it was sometimes inaccurate not reflecting what the phone reported.
In fact I had the same symptom as you and it seemed to hang on 90% while the phone had dropped all the way to 70%, it didn't reflect it.
After checking the phone percentage, it refreshed and the app then reported the correct percentage.

I have since used an app called "batterylife"... I've never had it be inaccurate.
It shows battery temp, voltage in mv, type "LiIon" and of course percentage.
It always shows the same as the phone.

The phone report is found by going to settings--->about phone--->status--- battery level.

I do have battery widget but when it dropped to 5% the phone's battery indicator was in the red and said I needed to charge my phone. I will give battery life a try. thanks

windstrings

Reaction score
I do have battery widget but when it dropped to 5% the phone's battery indicator was in the red and said I needed to charge my phone. I will give battery life a try. thanks

Its a bit bigger, but really cool... go into the menu and check out all the options

dboy225

Reaction score
The battery life is killing me with how much I use my Droid, already. I have to spend about 35% of my day with the phone charging or it's constantly running out of juice.

I Googled around and didn't find anything, but does anyone know if anyone sells or is planning to sell an extended battery?

SEIDIO
offers Extended Battery for Droid
also Hard Cases for Extended Battery

good, reliable, must have!!

dwagner88

Reaction score
I guess I should consider myself lucky. I've had my phone off the charger since 6:45 this morning with light to moderate usage (wifi on about half the day) and I still have 60% remaining. I've actually gotten a full two days of use out of the phone with wifi off but GPS on. I always use auto brightness and I am overclocked to 800mhz. If you want my battery you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hi delaen -- I don't know about an extended life battery replacement , but I just sent for and received an external battery pack for my own Droid . So far it seems to work . It is from a firm called " Tekkeon " Tekkeon.com I believe --- The one I got is the Tekkeon tekCharge MP 1800 . It fits in your pocket , is smaller than Droid, but thicker . Check out their site. Maybe something like that might work for your . Looks good to me so far . Hope this helps . ---- Rogerdodger

zmaximuz

Reaction score
yes there is a EX battery

Seidio Innocell 2600 mAh Extended Battery for Motorola Droid will double your life BUT you will add thickness to your size & the current firmware will try to say your battery is dieing when it is still more then half BUT it is a great battery!

vmann32

Reaction score
Mine eats it pretty quick but not terrible as I have had it like a month so I am always on it.I have a spare battery that I keep charge if I think I might need to switch and as stated here,when I am near power I am topping it off. But as for the topic here they do have an extended battery.My ? about this is do you also need a bigger backdoor to hold it in?

zmaximuz

Reaction score
yes you do need a bigger door ... the door is included with the battery. Last time I looked they were sold on Amazon for around $57 USD

harunjo

Reaction score
i am tired here waiting for sedio slim extended battery..

After read good review from HTC HD2 forum here:

Momax battery ~~~! - xda-developers

..then i decided to buy momax X-Level Battery

Momax eShop - Mobile Phone X-Level Battery for Motorola Milestone

Price is about : $26 including tax and ship to worlwide

the capacity is stated as below the standard droid/milestone battery (momax battery is only have 1250 MaH)..but they stated and xda people said it 20 to 30 % better than standard battery..

will review here after received the battery