Does anybody not use the physical keyboard?

velocity92c

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't use their physical keyboard is just a former apple fanboy. No matter how good you could possibly get with the digital keyboard, the physical keyboard will win in both speed and accuracy every single time. Swype may change that as far as speed (I've only tried the generic version of swype that's free in the market) but it will never trump the physical KB's accuracy. Even with the crappiest physical keyboard on modern day smartphones, the Droid's keyboard still trumps any digital keyboard and it's not even CLOSE.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'd like to use I but can't type worth a crap on it. Tried, practiced, but no luck. The virtual and Swype work just fine for me.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
when i first got my droid i always use the physical key board, quite often opening up the keyboard was how i woke up the phone. then i bought a case and the keyboard has more friction to open so i stopped using it more and more now i don't use it at all. my NY GIANTS customized htc keyboard helps.

Riley

Reaction score
I rarely if ever use it, even in landscape mode I use the on screen one.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't use their physical keyboard is just a former apple fanboy.

Those are fighting words. :)

I have never owned, coveted, or even considered any apple product.

Everyone is different and has their own opinions.

billyk

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time keying stuff in. I've used Swype since it became available and I am in the beta group.

Still, there's something about the orientation of the traditional keyboard layout that seems more intuitive to me. Somehow, I am faster and more accurate, and it's just "easier" to use the traditional keyboard layout.

I am also surprised to see that I prefer the HTC IME keyboard over the physical keyboard. Never would have guessed this, and I am absolutely NOT an Apple fanboy - quite the contrary. As with earlier posters, I BOUGHT the Droid, in part, due to it's physical keyboard, and I rarely use it in practice. But, when keying in real PIA passwords, or the like, it's the physical keyboard that I go to. So, for me, it's a mix - with the physical keyboard being the least used.

darklipslide

Reaction score
A huge reason I have the Milestone is because of the physical keyboard. It is the relief to my frustration with the on-screen keyboards out there. I'm pretty sure I will need it on any phone i purchase in the foreseeable future

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use the physical keyboard unless I'm up to something with the phone, like rooting or something of that nature. Other then that I use the standard virtual keyboard. I've tried Swype, don't care for that either.

But I love the feel of the Droid and having the physical keyboard available is still a plus on some occasions, copy/paste though I don't do much of that.

Hawk

Reaction score
i very munch dislike the physical key board and it is the main reason why I want the incredible, anyone want to buy a droid?

Droidfish

Reaction score
I use the pyhsical keyboard primarily, and swype for my one handed typing. I occasionally use the on screen keyboard and i'll admit it works well(I'm coming from an LG Dare) but for some reason I just get things done a lot faster on the physical. But even that is just because its there, i really would have no complaints if the droid didnt have a physical kb.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk