Does Absolute System work?

OP
S

Spike760

Reaction score
Downloaded the update, now it works. :)
I even used Absolute System LithiumMod Edition to uninstall the Absolute System that came with the ROM.

Thanks for the update. Will be contributing a 5 star rating. :)

Edit //
Oh btw I use TasKiller free edition but gonna check out the autokiller one. Some apps just reopen by themselves; so I'm not sure if it's even worth having a task killer.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dl'd the updated Absol Sys Lith Mod Ed., but when i try to install any live wallpaper choices and then activate them, i get a FC with this msg: "The application And Live WP (process com.android.wallpapers) has stopped unexpectedly..." do i need to do something with the "process com.android.wallpapers"????

...and when i try "fix permissions" in ROM Mgr (to help resolve the FC) i get this msg: An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands! wtf?!

Last edited:

canvs2321

Reaction score
i dl'd the updated Absol Sys Lith Mod Ed., but when i try to install any live wallpaper choices and then activate them, i get a FC with this msg: "The application And Live WP (process com.android.wallpapers) has stopped unexpectedly..." do i need to do something with the "process com.android.wallpapers"????

...and when i try "fix permissions" in ROM Mgr (to help resolve the FC) i get this msg: An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands! wtf?!

When installing LWP all it's doing is replacing the LiveWallpapers.apk in /system/app so if it's crashing it could be a corrupt LWP that you are installing, or they might not be compatible with this version of Froyo or maybe try a reboot. other than that, Absolute System did it's job of replacing the LWP :)

Last edited:

Droid_2010

Reaction score
Downloaded the update, now it works. :)
I even used Absolute System LithiumMod Edition to uninstall the Absolute System that came with the ROM.

Thanks for the update. Will be contributing a 5 star rating. :)

Edit //
Oh btw I use TasKiller free edition but gonna check out the autokiller one. Some apps just reopen by themselves; so I'm not sure if it's even worth having a task killer.

Thanks for your post! Without it I wouldn't have known about the updated Absolute System which I had to do some searching to find a post that mentioned it was on the market. And after you mentioned it, I too used it to remove the other older version.dancedroid

If you don't mind me asking, what kernel mhz are you running? Do you have anything at all running when you run quadrant? For example I leave beautiful widgets and stuff like that going. Or do you kill off EVERYTHING before running quadrant?

OP
S

Spike760

Reaction score
I have ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz Med Voltage kerenel as of right now. I have no idea how it scored 1606 the one time, because I can't get it to even come close anymore. I can get about 1480 everytime though.

I usually do try to Task kill everything, except my widgets (Beautiful Widgets, Battery Widget, Music Player 4x1, setCPU) which generally leaves me about 70MB of memory. And I do try to push the processor as fast it will handle which is usually 1200MHz max and 1000MHz min; but last night I was able to push it to 1200MHz for both, and still only got like 1488 or something, even after uninstalling the unneeded apps. Might try bumping up the kernel.