Dock question...

tnronin

Reaction score
I made a cradle out of wood, crude but effective. I included the magnet with the proper polarity so I get the clock. I also perm mounted a charging plug so this is essentially a crude factory dock. when I have the D1 in the dock I will get my sound notification but I get no flashing LED with notifications, just when the screen is off.

I'm using textsecure, so I don't get any sound notification periodically but the LED flashing lets me know for now. I'm sure textsecure will get that added with their updates eventually.

Soooo my question is; does the LED flash under the stock SMS program?

TIA, loving the forums so far!!!

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
I guess I should have been more specific. My clock is running in the dock like the magnet turns on. I guess that is the "multimedia" function. So the screen is not off. Still no LED function.
On a side note I'm still bummed smspopup doesn't work with textsecure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droids

Reaction score
I use a dock on my nightstand too. Usually though, after I put it in the dock I press the power button once to turn off the display, in which case the LED will flash for notifications. I suppose if you leave the clock showing, the display is not actually off so the LED will not flash.

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Well that sucks. One of the appeals for me is that I can use this as a souped up alarm clock. Oh well I will just have to hope some one comes up with something.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App