Dock question...

tnronin

Reaction score
I made a cradle out of wood, crude but effective. I included the magnet with the proper polarity so I get the clock. I also perm mounted a charging plug so this is essentially a crude factory dock. when I have the D1 in the dock I will get my sound notification but I get no flashing LED with notifications, just when the screen is off.

I'm using textsecure, so I don't get any sound notification periodically but the LED flashing lets me know for now. I'm sure textsecure will get that added with their updates eventually.

Soooo my question is; does the LED flash under the stock SMS program?

TIA, loving the forums so far!!!

I guess I should have been more specific. My clock is running in the dock like the magnet turns on. I guess that is the "multimedia" function. So the screen is not off. Still no LED function.
On a side note I'm still bummed smspopup doesn't work with textsecure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I use a dock on my nightstand too. Usually though, after I put it in the dock I press the power button once to turn off the display, in which case the LED will flash for notifications. I suppose if you leave the clock showing, the display is not actually off so the LED will not flash.

Well that sucks. One of the appeals for me is that I can use this as a souped up alarm clock. Oh well I will just have to hope some one comes up with something.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back