Do you guys have problems with 3G on your razr too?

remedemic

Reaction score
I have my phone set to CDMAonly (no 4g) and smart actions is set to turn off data when the display is off. Whenever I turn on my screen back on, it takes a solid 15-20 seconds for the 3G to reappear. Sometimes it doesn't come back at all without toggling airplane mode, data, or something like that. This doesn't happen with 4g at all.

Yes, I have set a smart action to turn 3g back on when the display turns on again. It doesn't help at all. Anyone facing the same problem and/or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Shockwave2.3.5

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem smart actions I set as display off data off but now even with smart action disabled I still can get good signal anywhere it just keeps cutting out I don't know how to fix it... but I think what caused it was the smart actions I set, everytime the screen came on and off the 3g radio maybe overloaded

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have my phone set to CDMAonly (no 4g) and smart actions is set to turn off data when the display is off. Whenever I turn on my screen back on, it takes a solid 15-20 seconds for the 3G to reappear. Sometimes it doesn't come back at all without toggling airplane mode, data, or something like that. This doesn't happen with 4g at all.

Yes, I have set a smart action to turn 3g back on when the display turns on again. It doesn't help at all. Anyone facing the same problem and/or know how to fix it? Thanks.
Yep, experiencing the same problem. However, once connected it stays connected...does not drop data connections like 4g.

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
So there's just the problem of having it turn back on when the display is back on. Anyone have an idea?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You don't need the smart action to turn data back on when screen comes on. Just the one for turning data off when the screen turns off will take care of both. You might be having a hiccup there.

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
Well, I tried the "turn back on" smart action after the problem arose, so it's not it's fault. I even tried turning it off. Thanks for the contribution though.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I used to turn off cell data and background sync when screen went off but I stopped because seems email would some times take to long to sync back up. I just have one smart action to turn off Wifi only when the screen is off and that one works great.