Post Your Smart Action Settings

Chd836

Reaction score
After reading all 36 pages of the Battery Life thread I've come to two conclusions: Smart Action rocks and a thread is needed for listing smart action settings. From what I've read I've gathered most people are using the following, if not relatively similar settings; when the display is off, then GPS, WIFI, Background Sync, and Cellular data are disabled. However, I use the navigation app often, which requires GPS to be turned on. Hence, I have two separate actions so that the GPS won't be turned off when my screen turns off while using the navigation app. Let me know what you think.

"Rest"

Trigger:

Display- off

Actions:

Wifi- off
Background sync-off
Cellular data-off

"Battery Extender"

Trigger:

Display- off
Motion- Not Detected

Actions:

GPS- off

Last edited:

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Here is mine:

Work
Trigger - Connected to Work WIFI
Actions - Ringer Volume 20%, Cell Data Disabled, GPS Off,

Motion Detector
Trigger - No Movement
Actions - GPS Off, Background Sync Off, Cell Data Off,

Battery Extender
Trigger- Display Off, Not Charging, No Movement
Actions - GPS Off, Background Sync Off, Cellular Data Off,

Sleep
Trigger - Time frame, charging
Actions - Ringer Volume silent

Home
Trigger - Connected to home WIFI
Actions - Ringer Volume 73%, GPS Off, Cell Data disabled

Nighttime Battery Saver
Trigger - Time frame, display off, charging, no movement
Actions - background sync off, Cell Data off, GPS off, wi-fi off

There is some redundancy there, but it seems to work out well for me.

OP
C

Chd836

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm sure this well help out members. Yesterday was the first day with my set-up and so far I'm at 12 hours normal usage (phone calls, text, web) with 80% battery remaining. How much battery time are you getting from your set-up?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I've been getting about 14 hours out of it the last couple days in a row with these settings, but I've also been using my phone pretty heavily - brand new and I can't put it down!

gravitygod

Reaction score
With cellular data off will your phone still alert you to texts. My guess is it will just like it will take a call.

What exactly is cellular data anyway? Is it any information transmitted over 3G or 4G as opposed to wifi?

Last edited:

JP 5.56

Reaction score
With cellular data off will your phone still alert you to texts. My guess is it will just like it will take a call.

What exactly is cellular data anyway? Is it any information transmitted over 3G or 4G as opposed to wifi?
Yes your phone will still receive calls and text with cell data off. Data is exactly as you are thinking, it is just 3g/4g data, not calls or regular SMS text.

Lukeb5301

Reaction score
After reading all 36 pages of the Battery Life thread I've come to two conclusions: Smart Action rocks and a thread is needed for listing smart action settings. From what I've read I've gathered most people are using the following, if not relatively similar settings; when the display is off, then GPS, WIFI, Background Sync, and Cellular data are disabled. However, I use the navigation app often, which requires GPS to be turned on. Hence, I have two separate actions so that the GPS won't be turned off when my screen turns off while using the navigation app. Let me know what you think.

"Rest"

Trigger:

Display- off

Actions:

Wifi- off
Background sync-off
Cellular data-off

"Battery Extender"

Trigger:

Display- off
Motion- Not Detected

Actions:

GPS- off

What's really crazy is you were able to read ALL 36 pages of battery life thread but couldn't read ALL 7 Pages of this same exact thread you just started. This thread has many smart actions people are using, should help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/182603-what-smart-actions-do-you-have-set.html

OP
C

Chd836

Reaction score
^ Thanks for the input. Here's a couple more that I use. One should be helpful for those who use there phone as an mp3 player. Although I found it funny when my music was interrupted by a random text or email sound notification, I thought I'd try out a smart action to thwart the notification interruptions. It works, and you are notified about incoming calls by vibration, which doesn't interrupt the music.

Headphones

Trigger:
Head phones-plugged in

Action:
Ringer volume 0% and Vibrate

Here's one that I've been using when my battery level falls below 20%. This happens regardless the screen being off or on.

Low Battery Saver

Triggers:

Battery level-less than 20%
Charging-not charging

Actions:
Brightness-set to 25%
GPS-off
Background sync-off
Cellular data-off
Wifi-off

rn_jacki

Reaction score
ideas for action setting

I'm hoping you guys have a suggestion. I am looking to program my phone to do 2 things...

1. At night, ring for the phone, but no notifications for emails. This is what I have the actions set as ringer volume 50% and background sync off. that should work right. I don't even care if I receive messages during this time.

2. However, when I'm at work I want it the same...decreased phone ringer volume and no notification of emails, however I still want to receive the emails so I can check them off and on when I have a break. Do you know how to set it to change the volume of the notifications?

thanks for any help you may be able to give

Jacki

Zandar

Reaction score
Setting the phone to turn off GPS when the motion sensor is off and the display is off is a waste, in my experience. I had this set up and didn't notice an appreciable difference in battery life, but it did take me a heck of a lot longer to get a GPS fix those few times I needed it. Seemed to me to be a case of a sacrifice without a reward. YMMV

mcsoul

Reaction score
Trigger - Display off

Actions:
BG sync off
WiFi off
Cellular Data disable
GPS off

---------------------------------

Trigger - Display On

BG sync on
WiFi on
Cellular Data enable
GPS on

I also use Night Ringer from Sample list; and
I setup "auto-end" on a lot of applications using the stock task manager.
I find the phone a lot more stable without bg sync and when it kills open apps
automatically.

My battery life is great.