do I need a screen protector

deduct

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
You have one too?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Yep. I have a zagg screen protector my bionic and i put one on wifes stratosphere.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
deduct said:
Yep. I have a zagg screen protector my bionic and i put one on wifes stratosphere.

Nice!!

Reaction score
I use just the cheap protectors from Walmart on mine for the last year, the kind you cut to fit. I have gotten real good at putting them on with no bubbles. They last a long time and don't show finger prints like the bare screen does. I probably don't need it since I baby my phone but better safe than sorry!

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
stingrayracing said:
I use just the cheap protectors from Walmart on mine for the last year, the kind you cut to fit. I have gotten real good at putting them on with no bubbles. They last a long time and don't show finger prints like the bare screen does. I probably don't need it since I baby my phone but better safe than sorry!

Yaa that's my way of thinking

bigred8380

Reaction score

Same here! Put a Zagg on my Bionic, my wifes Thunderbolt and two of my friends at work. When done correctly, you can't hardly tell there is a screen protector on the phone.

Milroy

Reaction score
I'm a carpenter and I use my phone all day long in the worst conditions. I have had my bionic for close to a year now, no screen protector and not one scratch in the glass.

Hodor

Reaction score
If you work with your phone that hard, just suck it up and get an Otterbox Defender case for it! I'm glad I did, dropped mine from top of a six foot step ladder onto concrete face down and it didn't miss a beat! Except for a few tiny impressions on the hard plastic part of the case (and you have to look real hard to see them) you couldn't tell a thing happened! I figure why tempt fate, and Murphy is an asshole. Just my 2 cents...

Reaction score
I have never used 1 of those on my droid bionic can I have had it since the first week of release. I don't think many people actually know the history of gorilla glass, it has been around for 50+ years. It is as strong as hell, about 2 or 3 * stronger than regular treated glass. I work in a shipboard environment, along with an office environment, and I drop it all the time and it has not scratched it yet... Those films that they sell are only to make money and came out before gorilla glass became more popular and served a function before, but now it is not needed IMO. That will be your choice though, but I have put my phone through a lot of stuff and is still going great without that film...

IMO, spend your money on a quality case to protect the edges of the glass, because that is where it would break if it did break... Unless you slam it with a hammer, in that case the film wouldn't help you anyways .. LOL

nateohio

Reaction score
I use one, but its purely for anti glare/fingerprint purposes.

The fact that it offers additional protection is just a plus!

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just put one on there too have piece of mind.

DoctorV

Reaction score
From my understanding of Gorilla Glass is that anything that's tough and sharp enough to scratch Gorilla Glass is going to rip right through a screen protector like it wasn't there anyway.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just put it on there too prevent the small scratches and kicks

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Gorilla glass is still glass.., I scratched my droid xs screen easily.. Don't even know how I did it... Only run naked if you don't mind it getting scratched.. Especially on the area where you swipe to unlock the phone. Over time it gets light scratches there, not much you can do about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
I am still using zagg protector on mine. Just got steinheil protector in the mail the other day. Going to use it when the zagg eventually needs to be replaced.