Disabling different data networks

kur1j

Reaction score
I have been able to disable the different networks (2g/3g) in the past to save battery life. The only options I see in the Wireless & Networks setting is CDMA/LTE and just CDMA. I can't figure out how to disable the data radio all together and still be able to receive texts or calls.

Being able to select 2g/3g/4g or data would be best but at least being able to disable data without disabling the phone completely would be something I would want to have back.

Any way of doing this with an app or something?

CronoDL

Reaction score
The apps/widgets I've used are Quick Settings and Widgetsoid. Both allow you to quickly disable data.

CronoDL

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't read your post all that well. The apps I listed allow you to switch data on and off quickly, but don't really let you switch between 3G/4G. To switch between 3G and 4G, I use an app called LTE Switch. It's not a widget, but a quick shortcut to switch between CDMA/LTE and CMDA Only.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I use a market app called DataSwitch that toggles data (3g & 4g) on and off. I toggle data off at home with good wifi and back on when I leave. It runs on demand, then terminates.

OP
K

kur1j

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't read your post all that well. The apps I listed allow you to switch data on and off quickly, but don't really let you switch between 3G/4G. To switch between 3G and 4G, I use an app called LTE Switch. It's not a widget, but a quick shortcut to switch between CDMA/LTE and CMDA Only.

Thanks. Quick Settings looks like it would work but in the option to turn off 3g it says "Direct Mobile Data switch works for Android version below 2.3.3 only." Having the new bionic with 2.3.4 apparently won't allow you to turn off the data radio.

Why in the world would they take this feature out?