Disabling applications

ryan06

Reaction score
Just about every day my Droid automatically starts up Corporate Calendar, Alarm Clock and Amazon MP3 store.

First off, I have removed the MP3 store from my Droid. Secondly, is there a way to disable these apps from automatically starting up?

I don't have a corporate calendar to use, and do not use the alarm clock. I don't want to remove them from my system, but rather disable from automatically starting up...it seem to take up valuable memory.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

bje1982

Reaction score
Just about every day my Droid automatically starts up Corporate Calendar, Alarm Clock and Amazon MP3 store.

First off, I have removed the MP3 store from my Droid. Secondly, is there a way to disable these apps from automatically starting up?

I don't have a corporate calendar to use, and do not use the alarm clock. I don't want to remove them from my system, but rather disable from automatically starting up...it seem to take up valuable memory.

If you deleted an app it wont start up on its own its not there so I think you didnt complletely delete the app. If you download Titanium Backup thatll give you the option to "freeze or unfrost" apps, (paid feature). Hope that helps.

OP
R

ryan06

Reaction score

If you deleted an app it wont start up on its own its not there so I think you didnt complletely delete the app. If you download Titanium Backup thatll give you the option to "freeze or unfrost" apps, (paid feature). Hope that helps.

Well, very true, but when I go into the Manage Applications section, I don't even find any of the applications I listed...only in the Applications panel that slides up/over your home screen...

Are they system apps that can't be removed? I'd really only like to keep the Alarm clock.

I'm not finding a way to remove, and yet even though I never use these...they still appear when I open "Advanced Task Killer"...or do you think this App is the issue?

Thanks!

bje1982

Reaction score

Well, very true, but when I go into the Manage Applications section, I don't even find any of the applications I listed...only in the Applications panel that slides up/over your home screen...

Are they system apps that can't be removed? I'd really only like to keep the Alarm clock.

I'm not finding a way to remove, and yet even though I never use these...they still appear when I open "Advanced Task Killer"...or do you think this App is the issue?

Thanks!

while in manage apps select menu/filter and check all.. its still there im sure. Titanium backup will help you delete or freeze system apps as well.

Edit: Watch out what you delete though because some apps rely on other apps to function. Are you rooted? If so what rom/kernal? <<<<< should of asked that first lol

OP
R

ryan06

Reaction score

Thanks!

while in manage apps select menu/filter and check all.. its still there im sure. Titanium backup will help you delete or freeze system apps as well.

Edit: Watch out what you delete though because some apps rely on other apps to function. Are you rooted? If so what rom/kernal? <<<<< should of asked that first lol

Oh ok, didn't even know there was a sub-menu for that area. I don't have options to remove the MP3 store, but I've cleared all data, as well as for Corporate Calendar too. Hopefully these will stop starting up on their own.

Thanks!

bje1982

Reaction score

Thanks!

Oh ok, didn't even know there was a sub-menu for that area. I don't have options to remove the MP3 store, but I've cleared all data, as well as for Corporate Calendar too. Hopefully these will stop starting up on their own.

Thanks!
It wont but no worries if they start up they wont eat up your memory they are just sitting there waiting for you. Like the last guy said search is your friend there is alot of threads about task killers and how android handles tasks.

OP
R

ryan06

Reaction score

Thanks!
It wont but no worries if they start up they wont eat up your memory they are just sitting there waiting for you. Like the last guy said search is your friend there is alot of threads about task killers and how android handles tasks.

Oh ok, thanks a lot!