DROID Dock behavior issues under Android 2.2

shafir

Reaction score
I have several problems with the new behavior of the DROID (original), running Android 2.2, when placed in the multimedia docking station.
1) Although the Android 2.2 manual references it, as do many threads, the "Dock" settings are not available on the DROID (at least I haven't found them).
2) When the DROID is docked, the status indicator lights are disabled. I could live with the floating clock thingy (I'd rather the screen just when blank), but disabling the status indicator lights means that I don't know if I have missed a phone call or text message while I was away.
I have tried the Alarm Clock V2 and Profile Settings apps, as suggested by many threads, but they do not solve the disabled status indicator lights problem.
So, does anyone know how to do the following when running Android 2.2 on a DROID (original):
1) Ensure that the status indicator lights are not disabled when the DROID is placed in the multimedia docking station?
...and...
2) Disable the floating clock when the DROID is placed in the multimedia docking station?
Thanks...

JoeKacz

Reaction score
I have several problems with the new behavior of the DROID (original), running Android 2.2, when placed in the multimedia docking station.
1) Although the Android 2.2 manual references it, as do many threads, the "Dock" settings are not available on the DROID (at least I haven't found them).
2) When the DROID is docked, the status indicator lights are disabled. I could live with the floating clock thingy (I'd rather the screen just when blank), but disabling the status indicator lights means that I don't know if I have missed a phone call or text message while I was away.
I have tried the Alarm Clock V2 and Profile Settings apps, as suggested by many threads, but they do not solve the disabled status indicator lights problem.
So, does anyone know how to do the following when running Android 2.2 on a DROID (original):
1) Ensure that the status indicator lights are not disabled when the DROID is placed in the multimedia docking station?
...and...
2) Disable the floating clock when the DROID is placed in the multimedia docking station?
Thanks...

The dock settings are accessible if you hit the menu button while in the dock (clock) mode (although there's really nothing worth it in there, just an option to turn on a sound when you put the phone in the dock.)

The indicator lights in Froyo do not display when the screen is turned on. This is regardless if the phone is in the dock or not. The problem is, when it's in the docking station (even when the floating clock is going around), the screen is still on. The simple solution is to just push the power button to turn the screen off. Then you're indicator lights will flash as normal, and the floating clock will go away.

As far as disabling the floating clock all together, this is one thing that I really wish was customizable. I can't stand that thing. I've found a ROM that will allow you to set a timeout for that screensaver, and setting it for the largest number (60 minutes) works for me, as I rarely go that long without doing something on my phone. :)

OP
S

shafir

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like the power button is the way to go.
Death to the floating clock!