Keep apps from autostarting?

mynamesjose

Reaction score
Anyway to do this if not given the option in the program. My battery barely last me a whole day 10am-2am. I usually kill apps left and ride, and they auto start an hour later.

Like Corporate Calander and Alarm clock? I don't ever use these. Why the hell are they starting. And I don't see an option to keep them from starting.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Don't kill the native OS apps...unless they only open when you open them such as the browser. Killing things like the calendar and alarm clock will just reload anyway and put more strain on the battery by loading back up.

hobby31

Reaction score
I believe you have to have root to do this. I have root and I use a program called "autostarts" but you have to have root to use it. It gives you a list of programs that start at startup and at different events and gives you the option of disabling them.

jkayner

Reaction score
there is a pay app called "startup auditor" that does this.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Show us a screenshot of the Battery Use page on your Droid proving that these apps are worthy of your attention.

OP
mynamesjose

mynamesjose

Reaction score
Show us a screenshot of the Battery Use page on your Droid proving that these apps are worthy of your attention.

I'm not saying that they are worthy of attention. I'm simply saying is there a way to keep them from starting since I never use them. And I am going to go with the first method of not closing native apps and see if that gives me alittle longer battery life.

PatG

Reaction score
Are some Apps starting automatically? Every time I power up the phone Shopsavy is running (per task killer)/

yoopermjm

Reaction score
You don't by chance have a case with a magnet in it do you? Once I sliced out my magnets and glued in some velcro, my hardest day on the battery left me with 40%. That was about an 18 hour use day, pretty heavy use. When I had the magnets I wouldn't get through the day.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The straightforward answer is no. You can kill the alarm and the corporate calander and they will start back up.

coolkidd

Reaction score
It might be a battery issue? I do not have any task killer and just let my Droid do its thing and it last me a good 2 days before charges.

OP
mynamesjose

mynamesjose

Reaction score
It might be a battery issue? I do not have any task killer and just let my Droid do its thing and it last me a good 2 days before charges.

Maybe I do. Under heavy use I would never get that. Looks like I am going to make a trip to verizon.