Droid wakes me up in the middle of the night

mitchb2

Reaction score
I put my Droid in the dock at night and use Night Clock as my clock.
Last night the Droid started playing my notification sound over and over and woke us up. I had to power it off to make it stop.

This happened once last week as well.

I can't find any kind of alarm that's set. I've checked the calendar, alarm clocks, I can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score
notification is a general occurrance for any event and could be related to anything that you have not explicitly defined as to have its own notification.

meaning, they're generally system notifications. it could be your phone rebooting or your SD card mounting and unmounting.

how are you charging your phone? via computer?

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I actually have timerrific running! It's set to be silent between 10pm and 6am.

Reaction score
really. i dont use it yet but been thinking about it. maybe its gone haywire??? not sure but maybe its not working.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Technically the dock is a charger. Its USB plug is what gets stuck into the Droid's socket, not the plug from the charging cable. Splitting hairs, ya, I know.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically the dock is a charger. Its USB plug is what gets stuck into the Droid's socket, not the plug from the charging cable. Splitting hairs, ya, I know.
what? the dock is just a break in the usb connection. it's not physically doing any charging. the USB cable that plugs into the back of the dock and into the wall, is identical to the one that comes with the phone.

the only thing the dock does is keep the DROID upright and invoke the magnet to launch the dock app.

the dock has no involvement with charging, whatsoever.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
That's the whole point. I bought it so I could use it as a clock at night. Otherwise I would have just plugged it into the wall.

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the whole point. I bought it so I could use it as a clock at night. Otherwise I would have just plugged it into the wall.
still haven't answered the question, so i'll assume you're plugged into the wall with the dock (it's just a USB cable, so you can plug it in anywhere that accepts USB).

if it is, in fact, the notification sound that you're hearing, there's an event that is occurring on your phone that is causing this. if could be a loose SD card, it could be a bad power source, it could be your phone rebooting itself.

you haven't done enough to supply us with enough information to help you.

rlb

Reaction score
are you using the USB wall plug that came with the phone? Some people have reported strange behavior while the Phone was plugged into a cheap wall plug

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Yes, I'm using the included cord/plug combo.
The reason I haven't provided more info is that's all I have. There wasn't any visible indication of why the phone was making noise.

Werd

Reaction score
Do you happen to have locale installed? Locale wakes me up all the time, it reestablishes its location every so often it seems. So I wake up to a notification showing me that its on my wireless connection (which I think is how locale determines its in that location). Either way I get random notifications from locale all the time and its annoying as piss. To the point I stopped using the app.