Alarm Clock when Droid is on Silent?

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Hey there.

Is there a way to have the alarm clock audible while having the rest of the phone on silent? I don't want to hear any alerts through the night, but I still want my phone to wake me up.

Is there an alarm clock app that will allow this? Can I do it with the existing clock app?

Thanks in advance

mjs31

Reaction score
I believe it is designed this way. If you put your phone in silent mode it should still play the alarm.

Yep...just varified it. Set my alarm and the put my phone in silent mode from the lock screen. Alarm went off just like I had it set.

Last edited:

allenajd

Reaction score
yes, pull up the alarm feature, hit that "2nd" button on the lower part of the phone (have no idea what its called the 2nd one after 'back' and before 'home'.). hit setting and there is an alarm in silent mode button.

mjs31

Reaction score
I would like to add to this....I like those noise machine things to sleep and actually travel a fair amount. I used to pack mine up in the suitcase, but there are a couple in the apps market that are amazing and will not cut off with your phone. For you travelers out there that hate silence while sleeping you should check it out.

lschmitt

Reaction score
I would like to add to this....I like those noise machine things to sleep and actually travel a fair amount. I used to pack mine up in the suitcase, but there are a couple in the apps market that are amazing and will not cut off with your phone. For you travelers out there that hate silence while sleeping you should check it out.
Thanks for the heads up!! Do you have the names for any of these apps?

mjs31

Reaction score
Surely...the two free versions I am trying out are Lightning bug and white noise lite. With lightening bug you can really tweak the settings to cut off the screen etc. White noise is one I just downloaded but also like. Another thing is that with at least lightening bug, there is no issue with the alarms etc. It has extra features like actual lightening but all of this can be turned off.

tankhand

Reaction score
I got a question also. Not trying to get off topic, but my Alarm is set to go off everyday. I hasn't gone off 2 times and made me late for work.

Before I go to bed I kill all apps running. Should I be leaving the Alarm Clock app running?